R32 is Totaled

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Alex, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Cross post from VWVortex, http://forums.vwvortex.com/zeropost?cmd=tshow&id=2151068 .

One of our very own, Clayton aka "Kraut", was involved in a reasonably serious accident this morning on Peachtree and Wes Wesley that ended up with the woman who hit him and his car being potentially totaled. He's doing just fine minus some shoulder and back pain but he's feeling pretty shitty about it. Just thought I'd let everyone know...

2. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

damn sorry to hear that clayton! glad your not hurt bad. hope you recover soon.

3. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

damn man..Im glad your not hurt! man guys be careful out there!

4. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

shit dude... thats right around the corner from where i live

5. Kraut

Kraut New Member

R32 Totaled

Well, this morning sucked, but the dub saved my life. I was heading down peachtree street a main road in atlanta when a old women in an altama turned left on a greenlight and smashed right into my front left side. I did a 360 and slid off the road, hit a road sign and stopped in the front of a Church's yard 6 feet from a power poll. Well, i got pics on the phone, but im going back out to the body shop with my digi cam later today....RIP DUB, thank you for saving my life....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

wow... glad ur ok man

7. jt money

glad your ok. i posted a responce on alex's thread also

8. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

its cool... ive merged them now

9. jt money

so now i look like a double poster lol

10. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

no... it simply shows ur very concerned

11. I'm not totally understanding, does it mean it was the ladys fought or his? i just know the lady turned left on a green?

12. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

It was the woman's fault. He was driving down Peachtree and the woman thought she could dart across the intersection fast enough. She was on her cell phone, wasnt paying attention and pretty much drove straight into him.

13. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Good thing you're ok!

Atlanta drivers suck

14. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

I am glad that you are OK. People sure do drive crazy here... It looks serious..... The dub saved you.... I don't even want to drive downtown anymore...I hope that she had insurance because I have heard that a lot of drivers down here don't even have insurance.

Mark:eek:hnoes:

Last edited: Aug 22, 2005
  15. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

Damn man, that sucks. Glad to see that you're okay though!!!
    Bobby's right, Atlanta drivers suck bigtime.

16. Genya

Genya No Longer Up At Odd Hours

Sorry to hear the bad news, glad your ok.

17. slpymnky

slpymnky Member

Man that sucks. Glad you're okay. The car can be easily taken care of by the insurance.