Rain + traffic + Atlanta = Sucks

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by FACE, Feb 26, 2008.

1. FACE

FACE Active Member

so I have been on the road for over an hour and a half for my normaly 20 min drive! Atl drivers suck in the rain! That'd be all thanks.

:)

2. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

Dang dude....I got to work in my normal 40 minutes......across the city!!

3. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Yes, traffic was absolutely disgusting today. Usually, it takes me about 35 to 40 minutes to get to work in the morning. It took me that long just to get to 400, then another 30 or so minutes to get to work.

I was hoping to see an accident or a downed tree or something to justify it, but did not see anything.

4. kingwrex

kingwrex Supporting Member

Took Me Almost 2 Hours To Get To Work This Morning. I Counted 1 Car In A Ditch, 2wrecks At Intersections And 5 Trees That Had Fallen In The Road. Also I Had To Turn Around And Go A Different Way Twice Do To Roads Blocked Off By Police. Atlanta Traffic Sucks

5. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Big props to the Governor for allowing State employees to telework!

6. Brian

Brian Active Member

Made it in to work in normal time even with a stoplight out. Glad I don't have to take interstates though!

7. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Stop driving & txting ;)

8. Deke

Deke Active Member

Typical Atlanta driver's thought process in the rain:

"What is this? Water falling from the sky!!??!! OH MY GOD!!!! I guess I better drive 20 mph under the speed limit and not check my mirrors anymore."

9. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

Do they ever check mirrors? And then there are the people who pretend like its not raining and do 30 mph over the speed limit in the rain. I missed most of the gridlock, but it still doubled my commute time...

10. yeah, today was terrible. even for the rain it shouldn't be this bad.

Oh, and on a side note, I passed a brand new lambo on the way in.

11. FACE

FACE Active Member

I was at a dead stop alex ;)

12. MrCoffeeATL

MrCoffeeATL Member

the massive puddles were fun in the S, drifto in a parking lot. For driving to work though it sucked.