Random Technology opinions?

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by Mad Mallard, Jun 8, 2005.

1. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

any word of mouth? any personal experience? share plz

2. Mad Mallard

they seem to get most of their business from ls1 and ls2

3. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

PM Socrates42

I think he's a Randomtech dealer.

I dont know too much about them but the technology looks good.

4. jonnyboy0150

jonnyboy0150 Member

Not really hating on random tech cause i dont have any direct experience, but from what ive seen from other aftermarket catalyst manufacturers you still may not be able to pass emissions (if that is your goal). one of my instructors said there is a reason why OEM cats cost 3 times as much as aftermarket. just my 2 cents.

But i dunno, in gwinnett they dont sniff for emissions after 1996, so as long as you can keep the rear o2 sensor happy you should be good to go!

5. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

yeah, as long as you have a cat, you will be fine..

6. Mad Mallard

the Sub isn't exactly a pollution machine to begin with...

7. BlueBox

BlueBox Member

All of my exhuast is Random Tech. No complaints other than the look of the rear tip. Catless up, catless bellmouth down, high flow cat mid section and the rear section. SoG installed. I think they got it from Eric but he's not really doing much car stuff at the moment. Sillzan's (sp?) Forrester appeared to have a Random exhaust too so maybe they have some stuff laying around SoG or still get it from him.
    I think the worries would be if you tried to mix and match with other vendors. Mine went from an up and down pipe to a full exhaust just to get everything to fit right.
    The car is pretty loud. However I very seldom go on long trips and don't mind it. Actually I love it and can't complain about the power. The AP deletes the codes so I think I'm fine there. Will know this month as it's tag time..

8. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Apparently their exhausts can develop some surface rust. Nothing major, but that's what I've heard. As of my discussion with Scott today, SOG no longer carries Random Tech prodcuts. They are, however, a local company should you like to deal with them directly.

9. Mad Mallard

they say they're all Stainless Steel on their website.

do you have some story links or docu of their rust probs I can look over? :)

10. Genya

Genya No Longer Up At Odd Hours

I had a downpipe with cat from randomtech, I enjoyed it, will dig up pics, sold it tho.

11. gotsol

gotsol Active Member

I have the catless DP and catted mid pipe and it is a great buy. THe bellmouth stays open for a long time, way wider then most other bellmouth DP's.

I did get a cel with the cat with surprized me, but mechnical cel fix took care of that

With my helix cat-back and gutted up pipe I put down 218 whp, no other mods!!!

12. Mad Mallard

if anyone is wondering the main reason i asked....

...apparently my father wants to get a complete manifold-back system on my car for my b-day from them.

13. BlueBox

BlueBox Member

way to go dad!
    Are you going to the dyno day? That would be a great time to poke and crawl under everyone's car and just see, hear and touch for yourself the options out there. There will be many different ones all at one place. If I go I can PM you with a time if you want to see mine. It's got over 25K on it so it would be a good one to see what one would look like after almost 2 years of real world driving.

14. Mad Mallard

sorry
    i work saturdays.

15. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Link to Random Tech dealers site??

16. BlueBox

BlueBox Member

If you want to just see pictures you can look here. http://www.airbornemotorsports.com/subaru/Product-Exhaust.htm
    Though Eric is not doing much now he still has his site up with pretty good pictures.
    They are in Loganville.. You could just drive by and see if they have a showroom or call and ask for a dealer referral. 4430 Tuck Road - 770.554.4242 according to my warranty stuff.

17. Mad Mallard

80,000 mile report

surface rust is still a minor annoyance, but manageable and not obvious without getting up to it to look. The sound and performance haven't faded, as near as I can tell. :)

18. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

are they still in business to make Subaru products? (BTW, you revived your very very old thread)

19. Mad Mallard

YES I DID. *_* didn't see a point in making a new one. . .;p

yeah, they haven't produced one for the newest generation. But they have last gen forester and impreza stuff, and highflow cats for GC bodies.

http://www.randomtechnology.com/