[Rant]Idiots wanting to race people

Discussion in 'General Community' started by LazyGun, Apr 3, 2007.

1. LazyGun

LazyGun Member

There is no purpose to this post other than me venting a tad...so you can ignore it if you want.
    This morning, while taking my 7 month old to daycare (she loves to ride in the Subaru :) ), some prat in a silver RX-8 decided that he wanted to very closely inspect the tags on my car at 50mph. He rocketed up behind me from nowhere and sat on my arse for a couple of minutes. After a polite tap on my brakes he did back off, and followed me up to Windward parkway.
    I was turning right onto Windward (from Union Hill), and he got int he left lane. He then inexplicably changed lane into the right turn lane, and followed me onto Windward.
    After I moved over to let him go past, which is what I was expecting, he cruised up beside, and sat there staring through my drivers side window at me. At this point I had slowed to crawl, as there was nothing behind me, and I wanted to get my point across that I wasn't interested in playing Dukes of Hazzard with him in the middle of suburbia. My wife turned and saw him, and waved him on. He then buggered off to the first left turn, did a u-turn, and disappeared.

Exciting huh. Well, if you are reading this...please don't do that again...it's bloody annoying having someone ride your arse for no reason, and more annoying to have you stare at me while I'm driving my daughter to daycare.

P.S. that hat looked bloody ridiculous, and it helps to look in front of you when driving, just in case a random camel materialises in front of you.

2. clemsonscooby

clemsonscooby Active Member

You will definitely have to get used to that one. I have had several run ins with street racers. I rolled my window down once at a stop light for a Honda that was riding my butt and wanting to race. I guess he expected me to say "wanna race" when I rolled my windows down, instead I said, "you drive like a f'ing retard", but without the abbreviation. That seemed to piss him off as he brake checked me at the next light.

3. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

Go wingless....

The absolute best thing I ever did to rid myself of street racers.

4. LazyGun

LazyGun Member

Heh, yeah..but I like my wing :)
    Maybe I should get a bumper sticker that reads
    "If you can read this, you're a F'ing Moron"

Luckily this is really my only run in with someone like this. Previously it's always been kids in 1.4l Civics with monstrous rear wings.

5. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

I found that a 'Baby on board' sign cuts down on the attempted races significantly. :)

6. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

thats what i was going to suggest

7. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

shave your head, wear some ear rings and growl at them... they will go away

8. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

you have more patience than me, because if i had my baby in the car (which i have no kids) I would have had to roll my window down when he was staring at me, and said "I have my baby in the car you POS, back the fawk off my @$$." but yeah, you will see retards like this everywhere you go.

9. LazyGun

LazyGun Member

The Baby On Board thingy is good idea. Think I'll pop out and get one at lunch.
    Guess you can get them at Babies R Us etc.

Not so sure about all the piercings...suppose I could get a tattoo on my forehead tho ;)

10. clemsonscooby

Wait wait, don't you have a shaved head and an earing Milo?

11. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Yep, this has done wonders for my "image" as a tough guy...this hasn't really happened with my daughter in the car, but I imagine if you had rolled down your window so he could see the baby he would have backed off, if not, time to call the cops...

12. gte123v

gte123v Member

make a sign that says "want to hear what a police siren sounds like?" and put it up on the window the next time this happens.

13. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

he also growls at people:rofl:

14. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

its more like a purrr :pssh:

15. Deke

Deke Active Member

Haha this is definitely true. It is such a rarity for anyone to try to street race me.

16. Intrigue2727

Intrigue2727 Member

i just had a guy on 85 south in blue srt-crap want to race, pulled up next to me and honked his horn three times and i just hit the brakes. lol

17. LazyGun

LazyGun Member

So I have a Baby on Board sign now...
    I feel so middle aged :/
    Think I'll grow a full beard, and start wearing open toed sandals with white socks....

18. Brian

Brian Active Member

^^^ I really don't get why people don't like sandals with white socks. It's the perfect setup to get air between your toes and keep the sandals smelling nice...

19. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

hell yes ^

20. Deke

Deke Active Member

And what the hell is wrong with a full beard? :)

21. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

thats cuz u like it rough

22. LazyGun

LazyGun Member

In combination with sandals... ;)

23. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

24. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

LOL....

Mark

25. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

never had a problem...

26. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Must be the sword.

27. Nitro

Nitro Active Member

^^^lolz

28. clemsonscooby

I thought of another idea. You could get one of those cop stickers, the blue and black stripped ones.

29. Nitro

Nitro Active Member

i been meaning to get 1:p

30. I look too much like Mr Clean with my earings. I had to take them out. :rofl:

Wearing the white under/T shirts all the time never seems to help either.

31. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

:D

32. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

same here... so i switched to black undershirts ;)

33. Deke

Deke Active Member

Just to let you know, I've talked to a few friends who are cops and all of them have said that the bluestripe sticker won't help you in the least as far as getting a ticket is concerned...if that's what you were going for.

34. mokinbird87

mokinbird87 Active Member

ahahaha but that wingless look make s2000s and such challenge you cuz they think you`re wrx...
    not that a stock s2000 will outrun some of the wrx's on the forum here anyways...

35. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

I myself have fallin' victim to that...of course it was on a closed circuit with safety personnel (I PROMISE)!!! VTEC is more potent then I remember from back in my honda days, it was a 2004+ though.

36. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Isn't it true that anyone can get the blue sticker?. The blue sticker is a part of the police benevolent society, correct?.

Mark

37. AXLEJOHNSON

AXLEJOHNSON Member

Actually it was originally the symbol for the International Pork Association also known as the IPA, for some reason the police just started using for themselves?