Re-did the Front Landscape of My House

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by nygiant, Jun 3, 2013.

1. nygiant

nygiant Member

Did during the Memorial Day weekend. What do you guys think?

10000% props to Mexicans and all those in this business...this crap was some backbreaking, truly tiring labor :bowdown:

BEFORE

[​IMG]

PROCESS

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

AFTER

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Looks nice. Some bricks around the edges would make it stand out a bit more, though.Your grass need some help, what's going on there?

I did something similar. I had to redo my whole front. The previous owner left stumps all over, which I pulled out, evened out the ground, planted new bushes and whatnot. I used the white pearl cut rocks instead of mulch. It really makes your front yard stand out.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  3. nygiant

nygiant Member

The house was a foreclosure and the lawn was terribly neglected. Compared to its original state, the grass is actually in GREAT shape because when I moved in about 5 months ago, it was was practically a straight dirt lot. I've actually gotten a few compliments from neighbors...put a smile on my face.
    I'm on a lawn forum and they have been absolutely great in helping me get the grass together. Got a soil test and it came back horrible...very low ph, lacking in all nutrients, etc. I've added calcium, balanced fert, epsom salt, and tons of watering. Still have a ways to go.

pics from early march
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  4. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

Looks good!

5. Nice work.

6. Al.SpecB

Al.SpecB Member

Looks good. I can definitely see the difference in the grass from the pics in March to the new ones.. Some TLC and it will look great. Good luck with it.

7. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

I definitely know where you're coming from. Keep it up.

8. nygiant

nygiant Member

Thanks fellas

9. resynch

resynch Supporting Member

Nice work man and nice house. I hope to feel the rewards of home ownership soon.