Rear Diff Bushings

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by bluelinescooby, Mar 1, 2007.

1. So I finally got around to installing my TiC/Kartboy rear diff mount and outrigger bushings. Outrigger bushings were a snap, maybe 10 min tops for both sides (of course I'd done these on both of my previous WRXs). The rear diff bushings were a different story...... TiC's website says install time should be about 2.5 hrs, and maybe if I had done it before that would've been true. As it stands I spent a good 4 hrs on those two stupid bushings, first getting the old bushings out and then getting the cradle with the new bushings back in. Cursing and swearing and kicking things, I finally got everything put back together, and I'm very impressed by the results. No more waiting for the drivetrain to wiggle around when shifting, and even though I got the race version I haven't noticed any real increase in NVH. Highly recommended!

More cursing a swearing to come, I still have a shifter and bushings to install.....

2. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

eh.... the shifter and related bushings are easy. I doubt you'll have any problem with them, as you've already done the diff bushings.

The key thing to the shifter is to get the right punch (3/16" flat face) from the beginning. You may have to put the car up on jackstands if the reverse cable drops down (no big deal, just have to get down there and push it back up).

+1 for the TiC/Kartboy stuff

3. Those diff bushings were a pain though...... I'm sure if I were to do it again it'd be easier, but at one point when I couldn't get the holes to line up and couldn't get the cradle back out cuz it was stuck, I just considered lighting my car on fire in the driveway and collecting the insurance money....... :grr:

I've done shifters and some bushings for all of my other Subarus, and replaced the linkage in one...... the only thing I'm prolly gonna have trouble with is the linkage bushings...... and I'm sure to mess up somewhere with the reverse cable and that stupid pin.....