Reason to NOT CROSS GORES

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by FACE, Nov 15, 2011.

1. FACE

FACE Active Member

A gore, gore point, or gore zone is a triangular piece of land found where roads merge or split. When two roads merge, the area is sometimes referred to as a merge nose. The term "gore" probably originates from the dressmaker's term for a triangular piece of cloth.

Some fuc tard crossed the gore in front of me last week and kick a big piece of tire tread into my front bumper last week and knocked off my trim around my fog lights...please do not cross gores...not to mention its illegal !!!

[​IMG]

2. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I love doing it with the Xterra :wiggle:

I also drive over trees and curbs with it.....really comes in handy at times!

3. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Geez. At least nothing worse happened to you or the car Alex.
    But it still sucks that that happened.

4. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

looks like your bumper cracked too...sucks

5. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Yup it does look cracked. That really blows man. Will insurance cover it?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  6. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

I would have been dialing and chasing all at once! Hope it's not too expensive of a fix.

7. FACE

FACE Active Member

Yeah bumper is cracked...just going to order the trim pieces...deductible is higher than damages

8. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

See if Brandon might have the trim pieces off of that GR they picked up

9. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

the one that was totaled from the front?

10. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

Where 285 merges into 75 on the north end, the two right lanes both get off for delk road east / west. This is the worst section of highway i've ever seen, as people on 75N have to make the mega merge across 8 lanes in less than a mile, and douchebags coming off 285 ride these two exit lanes to the end before cutting off traffic. If a cop would sit there, he could write tickets all day long, and I'd actually shake his hand for doing it.

FWIW, it's a $500 fine for crossing the gore, at least it is in GA.

11. slade1274

slade1274 Member

Never cross the Gore.... else prepare for bitch slap. Gots to keep the pimp hand strong.

[​IMG]

12. Jake

Jake Active Member

if the bumper is cracked a body shop will want to replace it, doubt your deductible higher than what theyd charge to replace and repaint all of that. maybe get a different frontbumper/lip. otherwise, id jist replace those pieces too

13. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

haha i was thinking the same thing when i saw the title..