Reasons why I can afford more mods.

Discussion in 'Art & Photography' started by yardhippie, Jul 8, 2008.

1. yardhippie

yardhippie Member

Reasons why I can't afford more mods.

Because I have to do things like this on the weekends! :)

The pic was taken at about 12,000 feet. There were some scattered showers beginning to develop so we decided to go cruise the skys while we could still see where we were going.
    It takes about 15 minutes to get back to the ground and its about 50 degrees at that altitude. Way better than a dip in some hot lake! :rofl:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
  2. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

Wow, I commend you for having large gonads. There is no way in h*ll I would do that, but it looks fun!

3. jyang

jyang Member

where did you go? STF? ASC? Skydive Atanta?

4. yardhippie

yardhippie Member

Skydive the Farm.
    I'm there almost everyweekend.

A 10-way formation building over the DZ. Oh, and the only guy on the dive is me taking the picture. The rest are ladies!

[​IMG]

5. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

skydive the farm I imagine.

yardhippie I've been contemplating going through the AFF courses. what would be a rough guesstimate for getting my own gear after I'm done? (used equip)

edit: also how come everyone who skydives is a hippie

6. jyang

jyang Member

oh erally???

I used to be there quiet a bit until I got a research job at tech this summer... i hope to be able to go out this week or next week.

Have I met you there??? im not sure..

7. jyang

jyang Member

Used gear can cost from $1000-$3000.

Buy jump suit, helmet etc first as your canopy size and container size will be reduced pretty dramatically in the first year. :) I went from 260 canopy size to 160 in a year.

8. yardhippie

yardhippie Member

Gear is expensive. You could probably be into everything for around 3k (older) or as much as 7k or 8k for all new. I have probably around 8k in my gear, but that counts my video and still cameras, two altimeters, and other stuff.

Not everyone who skydives is a hippie. You'd never know it if you met me in a work environment.
    Skydivers are a very tight knit bunch of people. We like to play hard and party hard. Plus when you spend 12-15 hours a day 2 days a week outside and in the sky, you tend to alter your perspective a little. :cool:

9. yardhippie

yardhippie Member

You've probably met me. I dunno. My wife, the redhead, works manifest some weekends, and Im a freeflyer. Everyone calls me, wait for it, Hippie.

I moved up to the Farm around the beginning of the year. I was at SDA.

I think I may be in TN this weekend b/c I just spend 4 days at the DZ. My liver cant take much more.

10. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

I want to skydive, but not regularly. How much does it cost for me to skydive once strapped on to an instructor or a certified diver?

11. yardhippie

yardhippie Member

Where I jump I believe it is now $169. If you want video/stills (I highly recommend it) it would be another 85 IIRC.
    Be careful about online and call center scams. If they try to charge you for "more altitude" or "a big plane" thats all BS. The prices above are for a 14,000 ft skydive with a safe, competent instructor. The video is edited to music and the stills are .jpg on a separate CD.

I know the Farm also does group rates, so if a group of you got together you might get better rates. If you call The Farm (404-295-5000), Hans will fix you up.

If you have any other questions just ask.

12. jyang

jyang Member

oh i thought it was $150...

13. yardhippie

yardhippie Member

I think thats the price. I know the prices went up. Fuel prices are killing everyone. Especially an aircraft that burns about 50 gallons an hour. (+/-)

Contact the DZ for an official rate. :)