Recently moved from MS to GA

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by LBFF, Jul 1, 2013.

1. LBFF

LBFF New Member

Good day all. I just moved here from Gulfport, MS and will be living in this area for the next coming years. Still looking for a place to purchase/rent, but hey, that will come right? I also posted this under the sticky topic, but doubt any one reads that one anymore. Anyways, here's some stuff about me:

Where do you live? Conyers, GA; but am looking at moving/living elsewhere depending on what becomes available.

What do you preferred to be called (not your username)? Jonathan, but "hey you" works too. Whenever I show up to my first meet, I usually will have a t-shirt from my other car club from New Mexico (racingsouthwest.com), that has my user name on there.

What do you drive? 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STi

How modded is your ride? Lots of mods that bring me to 400-ish AWHP and 420 AWTQ. Needs a little love, but runs great.

Where do you usually by parts? Online, but haven't bought anything in a while.

Do you visit any other local boards? This is the only one that I know of. Would love to plug in, meet some folks, and any one that tunes, as my car could use a tune.

Show, Go, or Stock and staying that way? Go, all go. I love driving, even as temperamental as Subies are, that's why I love it.

Do you wave to other wrx's when you see then coming towards you? Always, and for ever. Waved at a bunch on my way here to Georgia on the interstate. That's how we roll.

Where did you find out about WRXatlanta? google.com. Its a necessary evil, but hey, we all love it right?

Thanks for adding me on Alex, looking forward to meeting some folks in the area, and getting into the car scene again. Subies don't really exist in Mississippi - if it wasn't 'Merikan, it wasn't the in thing to do.

~LBFF

(Little Bunny Foo Foo or Lets Be Friends Forever)

2. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

welcome to the site

3. Jake

Jake Active Member

Welcome!

4. sikwrx04

sikwrx04 Member

welcome!

5. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

welcome to the site!! How are you liking ATL so far?

6. nygiant

nygiant Member

welcome friend

7. liltoua

liltoua Member

Velcome!

8. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

welcome!

checkout our bi-weekly dinner meets in the get togethers section. It's a great way to come out and meet some of us and hang out, have some food a brew or few, all around good times.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
  9. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

Welcome to the community!

:wavey:

10. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

Welcome!

11. Matt

Also, I may have a condo for rent/sale in Marietta in the next coming months..

12. LBFF

LBFF New Member

So far so good in Hot-Lanta. There is so much to do out in this area. I am into distance running and road biking. I am trying to get into swimming, and maybe one day I will get into triathlons. I got time though, but there are lots of facilities for support.

I have seen a lot of meets coming up, and will try to make an appearance at a few. Just getting settled in at the moment, but will be out shortly I'm sure.

Ooh, so tempting, but problem is, that is on the wrong side of ATL for me. I need something on the east side, because where I will be working is closer to I-20 and HWY 11. Thanks though :)

~LBFF

13. Matt

Small bit of advice...no one calls it "Hot-Lanta" ;)

14. LBFF

LBFF New Member

Ha ha, ok I'll keep that in mind. I guess some people not from here call it that, and I have no idea where I got it from but I'll be sure to purge it from my vocabulary.

~LBFF

15. b reel

b reel Active Member

and ATL is only used by indicted rappers or airline ramp rats

16. Jake

Jake Active Member

actually, EVERYONE not from atlanta calls it these things (and others). people FROM atlanta will just tell you they are from marietta/kennesaw/gwinnett/alpharetta/college park/etc.....

17. LBFF

LBFF New Member

Ha ha ha! I will have to remember all these things. Goodness, so much to learn.

~LBFF

18. AW08STi

AW08STi New Member

Welcome to the site. Hope you are enjoying Ga so far.