Recommend a set of head phones

Discussion in 'Music' started by blindfold, May 21, 2009.

1. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

I had a pair of sony head phones for the past few years which I had just lost on the plane. Also had a pair of Audio Technica ATH-AD500 Open-Air Dynamic Headphones for 5 years, maybe not the exact model but close enough, these were given away.

audio techinica that I had:
    [​IMG]

I love the way audio technica has the one-size-fits-all type of headphone feature since my noggin is mostly on the bigger side. These were the most comfortable headphones compared to all the other high end models from sennheiser and boise. The sound was relatviely precise and crisp, bass isn't exactly great so for this go around, a nice balance plus a bit more on the bass would be nice. So I am looking for something that is comfortable that is non-open air so that I can use them on the plane and be able to use this on the computer as well. Mostly for music, Price range is around 300-350ish.

Someone has already recommended that for the 200 dollar mark, Grado Prestige SR 225, i thought about it but I am looking for something that isn't open air design. I also looked at the boise noise cancelling headphones but according to some pictures on amazon.com, the plastic is relatively weak.

Let me know what you think and thank you in advance.

2. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

3. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

Last edited: May 21, 2009