Recommendation of higher mileage suspension/bushing install bundle

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by GTscoob, Jan 27, 2015.

1. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

My bugeye is about to roll over 130K miles and a good bit of the suspension bushings are dry and creaking, shocks on their way out, sloppy shifter, etc.

I'm planning on doing at the minimum the following:

Suspension:
    New strut tophats
    New KYB Excel G shocks
    Prodrive Springs w/ saggy butt spacers
    Rear outrigger bushings
    Rear diff bushings

Transmission/shifter:
    Front shifter bushing
    Rear shifter bushing
    Linkage update
    New pivot bushings

Are there any other bushings or pieces that would be easy to replace at the same time? Just thinking to save some time by installing some of the other commonly replaced bushings if necessary while the shocks are already off the car and it's already in the air.

Thanks!

2. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Good thread.

I was just thinking of this today for my 06.

3. GTscoob

Yeah, I've been pretty averse to modding stuff over the last few years but if I have to replace worn out parts, might as well upgrade at the same time.

4. b reel

b reel Active Member

exhaust hangers
    center bearing bushings on the OEM drive shaft
    rear diff bushings

sell the car and reinvest into the Fury

5. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

6. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

7. GTscoob

That's my dad's project and it's out of my hands these days. I think it's at some shop in Jonesboro getting work done but it's such a sore point to even ask him about it these days.

8. GTscoob

Good to know. Those control arm bushings would be pretty easy to install while the arms are dropped and struts removed, right?

How streetable are these Energy Suspension bushings? Been looking at the TiC comfort bushings to replace some of the factory ones that are feeling a little ragged out. Not really looking for the stiffest suspension these days since so much of my driving is on forest service roads to go backpacking and mountain biking.

9. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Maybe Jeff Ling can chime in about the bushings. He mentioned his current bushings are pretty stiff and make a noticeable difference in the comfort of the car, but I have not used these yet.

10. b reel

b reel Active Member

If bombing service roads go with comfort or OEM.