replacing the re92s...

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by fez, Sep 26, 2005.

1. fez

fez The Arabian Sensation

so, i need suggestions. im looking for something thatll last me a while, and i wont be autocrossing, i dont want complete shit either, looking for something to last longer than the re92's did, with a less chance of me dying.

i also need something that wouldnt be too expensive, like if its gonna cost more than 4 new re92's it cant exceed the price by too much...

i prolly wont be getting new wheels, so ill be sticking w/ the stock 16s.

2. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

get some of these
    [​IMG]

3. slpymnky

slpymnky Member

I just replaced my RE92s that lasted me 20K miles with some Falken ZE-512s. They take turns a lot better and are V-rated tires. They have a 30K mile guarentee. I paid $437 for all four after tax, installation, lifetime balance and rotation and roadhazard. This was from discount tire.

BTW, not sure if these are cheapter than RE92s because I don't know how much RE92s cost.

4. KingofSiam

KingofSiam Member

Pirelli P-Zero Nero's. :)

5. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Hankook! i don't know if they make the tire size for stock wrx wheels though. I've heard good things about Falkens.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2005
  6. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

How much are the kdw-2's these days? And I second checking out Falkens.

7. sti4u2nv

sti4u2nv Member

I second the P-zeros. I have the P-Zero Nero M+S on both my cars. Love em. Not too expensive, but worth the cost IMO.

8. SkullWRX

SkullWRX Member

how long will the P-zero nero last? I'm going to be replacing tires soon too. My RE92s have 30k on them and I want at least that much from my next set of tires. Anyone know how much michelin G1's cost and how long they last?

9. WRXEM02

WRXEM02 Member

I replaced me RE-92's 3 days ago with Hankook Ventus RS-2's. I payed 388 for all 4 of them in a 225/45/16 shipped. And another 48 dollars for mounting and balancing.

10. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

I have great luck with the Falken Azenis ST-115. I'm on my 4th set...great for daily driving and the track. < $100 per tire at Discount Tire.

11. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

wrxem02, where did you pay $48 for mounting??

12. WRXEM02

WRXEM02 Member

I live in alabama.. Were good for something lol