Review: I highly recommend Allpro

Discussion in 'Allpro Subie Service & Performance' started by yardhippie, Sep 22, 2011.

1. yardhippie

yardhippie Member

Three weeks ago last Saturday the bolt holding the main timing belt tensioner broke off at the block on my '04 Forester XT. Carnage followed as one can imagine. :wtc: I had the car towed to a good shop, but they didnt work on many, if any, Subies. After some inquirires, Integroid recommended Allpro. Ryan took my first call and was very helpful. There were MANY more calls to follow. :rofl:
    The Allpro team was more than helpful. Even after I dropped in for a visit before committing to having them perform the work. I arranged with Allpro to have them pick my car up and take to their shop. Some of the many calls were to clearly define the scope of the repair (I'm a PITA when it comes to detail :wavey: ).

So to the work performed: Allpro had a 2.5 Legacy engine as a donor for my ride. Allpro did the swap, and opened up my motor to evaluate the damage. While out, I had them put in an organic Stage 1 clutch. (probably for the best considering the 123k on the odometer) They got the job done in less than a week and even arranged so I could pick the car up on a Saturday. This was really important to me as I travel for work and wouldnt be available during the week. Not only did Allpro do the job they quoted, but they went above and beyond by adding a stainless braided oil line for the turbo and removing those little in-line oil filters behind the banjo fittings. Even more, after picking up the car I realized the A/C didn't work. I arranged to have the car there at 2:00 today and they were ready the second I pulled in. The o-rings at the compressor had gone bad. Most likely due to the unbolting and moving around required to R&R the motor. Allpro repaired the damaged o-rings and charged my system at no charge. To me, this is what many businesses (not just automotive shops) are lacking today. They went above and beyond to ensure I was satisfied with their work and I am MORE than satisfied. :bowdown:

I applaud the Allpro team for their patience in dealing with all my questions. It was a hard hit on my pocket book, but the value provided was better than what I was quoted elsewhere and more than I expected. I will be calling on them again for future repairs if something should come up.

Thanks again,

John Rogers

2. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Allpro FTW.

Brandon was talking about how much he wanted to keep the Legacy as a DD and then a week later pulled the motor to swap into your car.

I supposed I'll be making an Allpro thread soon

3. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

John,

So glad to hear everything went according to plan and then some! AllPro has an incredible team put together and I see nothing but amazing things happening with them! Best of luck to you and your Forester!