Rim fitment and coilover options on a Legacy.

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by Eon_Blue, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Eon_Blue

Eon_Blue New Member

I now have a 2009 Legacy...was just curious what would be a good coilover to go with? If anyone has any personal experience, please share! I was thinking either Cusco, KW, TEIN or BC..but I'm not 100% sure, kind of need help deciding? I guess you can say. I'm open to options, just looking for pointers! :wiggle:

As for rims, I want to make the car "flush" I guess, without taking the chance of rolling the fenders, due to the chance of the paint cracking. Didn't know what would be able to fit the fenders without poking out, and making my car look shitty..Was looking at 18x8's for the front, and 18x10 in the back, or should I go 19's? Just looking for advice! Thanks in advance guys! :bigthumb:

-Cameron

2. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

First, dont stagger your GD wheels on an awd car. Regardless if you run the same tire size, the sidewall stretches differently, causing the overall diameter to be different. You have something called a limited slip differential in your rear and center dif, if you want to fuck those up as quickly as possible, dont listen to me.

Second, JDM coilovers use to almost always equal junk coilovers. While the cheaper coilovers out there have made big strides, RCE Tarmac 1 coilovers have nailed the formula for LGT's. I have a set on my car, and they are a wonderful mix of great handleing and good ride(they are revalved kw v2's). If you are going to cheap out go BC's.

Third, your wheel and tire fitment depends on your ride height. I am currently running the ride height preset from rce on 18x8.5 SSR GT2's +48. I ran 245/40/18 without any scrubbing issues. I switched to a 235/40/18 with the intent to a run a ~10mm spacer for fun.

If i were you, i would go for a 18x9 +~40 offset on all 4 corners with a 235 maybe a 245 tire. Should make for a good look with out being overly retarded.

3. Eon_Blue

Eon_Blue New Member

Can you post a picture for me? If you have one. And the car is 100% stock right now. And, would I be able to run different offsets with the same widths, without fucking anything up? I would like to have a little bit of lip on the rims, all the way around. Maybe a little bit more of a lip in the back..if it's possible without shitting on my LSD's.

Thanks for the advice on the LSD's! I didn't know that staggering them like that would fuck them up..I knew the sizes mattered(if I went 18 in the front, and 19 in back, for example) and would fuck them up.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012