Rip 4eat . . .

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by GTscoob, Nov 18, 2004.

1. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Well today was the last day with my beautiful 4EAT. She was slipping and sliding earlier in the day but still managed to work but after work she just crapped out.

Car/tranny drove great on tuesday. It put a big :D on my face!!

Come thursday it does not like anything. Slips a little off the start just like usual and then once it comes time to shift into another gear the car just sat in some limbo between gears.

Lets hear a shoutout for my dead tranny!!

2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I smell an STi 6 speed, I'll get right on that :bigthumb:

3. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

that really sucks, hope the situation can be taken care of asap.

4. GTscoob

Its gonna need a total rebuild.

I need to find a mod friendly dealership who can replace it under the 60K mile powertrain/drivetrain warranty.

5. GTscoob

found a used 04 USDM STI tranny for $3500

Subaru of Gwinnett wont cover me for warranty and I'm still waiting on Porter to see if Classic will.

6. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

what mods do you have?

7. GTscoob

APS cold air intake, APS 3" turboback, APS TMIC, vishnu up-pipe, VF29 turbo, unichip, STI injectors, walbro fuel pump, vishnu fuel rails and a Protorque high stall TC

8. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

lol, mod friendly...i thought you meant like cobb stg 2 or something, i think you are going to be SOL:hahano: .

on a related note, my 4the gear is starting to grind. i only have a tbe, do you think SOG will warranty it. i always heard sog was mod friendly, but never delt with them.

9. GTscoob

SOG said that if I wasnt nearly as modded they'd be cool with it.

I dont think they'd void you if you just had turboback.

Here's what Scott at SOG said
    "Our dealership is SUPER mod-friendly. However to have DRASTICALLY increased power, likely OVER 150% over stock (165 to the wheels, to over 250 to the wheels) and expect the tranny, a part directly affected by the mods to be covered is likely stretching it a bit.

If you had done something that was covered somewhere, like the Prodrive Power Pack that is covered in the UK (only there, not here) we MIGHT have had a shot at warrantee covering it, but do you think it is fair to ask for warranty to cover a part directly affected by serious mods? How much mods do think would be acceptable? 500 whp they should still cover it? "

10. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i wonder if they'd warranty my clutch

11. GTscoob

Clutch is just a standard wear item like brake pads isnt it?

12. miloman

miloman Retired Admin