RIP croc hunter

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by moose, Sep 4, 2006.

1. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

From both CNN and aussie sites, Steve Irwin dead from a stingray barb while filming a documentary. I hope this is either fake or a big screwup, but... if it's true, the guy still lived ten times the life of what most of us ever will. He's probably wrestling the grim reaper himself now: "Crikey! Look at that gorgeous skull!"

:(

2. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Yeah, you are correct...I also checked it out on the internet and am very sad about this...May he Rest in Peace....I really enjoyed watching his shows and his true love for animals...He and his wife did so much for many organizations...truly a sad day...

Mark

3. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

4. jayj713

jayj713 Member

wow through the chest!

5. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Just woke up and saw this. Irwin really made a nice statement about how and why we should repsect nature. I know I will miss his shows...

6. Intrigue2727

Intrigue2727 Member

its crazy

7. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

saw this this morning too I was shocked to hear the crazy thing was it was a mistake I didnt even know a stingray could kill you till today. the tail part went through to or near his heart. dude fights aligators and gets killed by a fish tail :eek:hnoes:

8. Deke

Deke Active Member

Yeah suposedly it's only the second reported case of someone dying from a stingray attack, and of all people it's a guy that wrestles crocs.

9. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

a stingray is almost a scorpion in water...

10. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

man this sucks....hopefully his legacy will live one through his remaining family members....

11. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

This is a scorpion in the water...[​IMG]

I used to accidentally catch sting rays from time to time growing up in florida. Never even came close to getting killed by one. The odds have got to be far worse than they are for winning the lottery...

12. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

well i'm sure if he had to go, he'd rather of gone like he did by mother nature rather than being old and crusty up in a retirement home or something. he was only 44 yrs old too...damn.:(

13. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

RIP old boy.

I'm sure there's no better way for a guy like you to go. But damn.... that sucks!

14. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

this is very unfortunate, its just one of those things that happens though. RIP for sure, he was a great guy, who made a difference.

15. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

He's one of 3 to actually die like this in Austrailia's recorded history apparently. Best of luck to his family.

16. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

thats sad... he will be missed :(

17. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

if it's venomous, anyone could have a reaction to it, just like some people can die of an ant sting that would only make most itchy.
    but his heart got stabbed, not to many people survive a stab to the heart and having venom directly injected in there also.

they got it on video as well. I'd like to see it, not because a morbid death fixation, but to get a better understanding of how it happened, since I heard so many differing speculations and he said she said

18. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

your right they did get the whole thing on video. he always said to the camera crew that even if he was to get torn to shreds by a croc to keep it rolling. but im not sure if he died from the venom persay. articals ive read say he pulled the barb from his chest before he was dead. doing that would leave a major whole in the heart rendering it next to useless.

http://www.nationalledger.com/artman/publish/article_27268187.shtml

19. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

ya I heard that as well, which is a natural reaction to pull stuff out
    but you shouldn't until a doc or medical team is there, and they should do it.
    If the barb broke off I'm sure it delivered some venom.

20. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

it will totally hit the net within a few months.....it honestly would be a good learning experience for many as to how a sting ray would kill someone.

21. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

22. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

^^^^that's not right....:rofl: :rofl:

23. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

thats so wrong dude