Road Atlanta Track Weekend Invitation

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by Feffman, Jul 4, 2009.

1. Feffman

Feffman Member

Good Morning:

MVP Track Time (www.MVPTrackTime.com) is hosting it’s first annual “Flyin Turkey Trot” track weekend at Road Atlanta November 21 - 22, 2009. All are welcome and invited to join us for the on-track fun.

You can register for the entire weekend or a single day (single day's will be space available). We schedule six, 20-minute run sessions for each of the three (Novice, Intermediate and Advanced) run groups each day. We have instructors available for the Novice group.

Visit our web site for details and/or registration (on line or mail-in registration) for Road Atlanta and all our 2009 track events. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to call me at (314) 249-3770 or e-mail Feffman@MVPTrackTime.com.

Happy Motoring and I hope to see you at Road Atlanta!

Mark “Feff” Pfeffer

Last edited: Jul 4, 2009
  2. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

$400 for the weekend, $250 for the single day

not too shabby...I'll have to see how the cars looking by then. Oh, and welcome to the site :wavey:

3. Feffman

Feffman Member

Hope to see you at Road Atlanta or any of our other 2009 track events. I can't wait to get through turn 12 again!

Feff
    www.MVPTrackTime.com

4. beav

beav Member

Pleased to see you're competitively priced with NASA, Chin, etc. - esp. for that amount of track time. Thanks for the info.

5. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

if I could afford this, I'd love it.

6. Feffman

Feffman Member

MVP is the same price as NASA, but have only three run groups so you'll get about 30% more (we schedule six sessions) track time. Chin has a similar format to us, but the cost is 35% more to enter their event. Hope to see you at the track!

Feff

7. beav

beav Member

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), you guys require SA-rated helmets which adds another $250+ cost to those people who don't own one....it's probably for the best.

8. atlxkevinx

atlxkevinx Member

This sounds fun... tempting... ;)

9. beav

beav Member

It's one of the worst (i.e. expensive) addictions ever....

10. Feffman

Feffman Member

Maybe I should re-name the company "MVP Track CRACK" instead!

Feff

11. beav

beav Member

In the interest of full disclosure, not a bad idea...

12. gtaccord

gtaccord Member

Man I wish I had the money for this.

13. trouble06

trouble06 Member

I wish I did not have to buy the helmet, but could rent it!

14. snakecharmer

snakecharmer Member

Haven't been on track since June '08...it's been a long painful detox. Unfortunately, I may have to sell my car. If I do, I'll be driving my beater '92 S-10 so there will be no more track days for me for a long time unless a couple of my friends let me co-drive their cars (you know who you are).

15. 2thAche

2thAche Member

I hate to have to buy a new helmet. I don't really see the benefit of it.

16. Meredith

Meredith Banned

If a $200 helmet is an issue I suggest that you may want to look at the other costs including wear items like tires and pads before running a track day.

17. beav

beav Member

I hear you. $200-300 is a lot of extra money to justify in addition to the ~$1,000 it costs for any given track weekend...I think the real value of the S-rated helmets will come into play in the event of a crash and a subsequent fire.

18. beav

beav Member

I know all too well the costs associated with HPDEs... :eek3: Certainly not for the faint of heart but it sure is fun, a nice escape, and a great way to become a better driver all around. I should probably focus on autocrossing instead.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2009
  19. Feffman

Feffman Member

There in lies the real truth and why our liability carrier insists on the SA rated helmets. SA rated helmets are also designed for multiple hits inside a car unlike a motorcycle helmet which is designed for one-hit and throw away.
    Amortize the cost of an SA2005 helemt over the remaining 6+ years you'll be able to use it and it's a good value. Visit our friends at Simpson racing (www.TeamSimpson.com) for great helmets.

Feff

Last edited: Aug 16, 2009
  20. 2thAche

2thAche Member

I'm well aware of the costs of track days, no need to mock me because you feel strongly about safety.

I'm a realist. Presently my car is still a DD, no cage, no harness/seats, no HANS device. I do 2-3 events a year. In 8-10 months, the car can be track only and at that point will get all of the above and do more events. Is that new helmet really going to help me, more than the one I have, in my current setup? My car is not full race, so I drive it as such; I could brake a little later and harder, carry more entry speed, but I don't have the equipment to justify the risk so I keep alot of room for error when I drive the track.

21. Feffman

Feffman Member

We are fast approaching ½ full for MVP Track Time's Road Atlanta track weekend November 21-22. Hope to see you at the track.

Feff

22. trouble06

trouble06 Member

Half full; how many spot left, approximately?

23. Feffman

Feffman Member

Between 10-15 for each run group. Some of the three groups have more registrations then others.

Feff

24. 2thAche

2thAche Member

I'll be signing up for a one-day today.

25. 4sevens

4sevens Member

Which day? I'm signed up for the 21st.
    Now to find an SA helmet.

26. 2thAche

2thAche Member

I was thinking the 21st, but my Evo buddy may be signed up for 22nd already. Waiting to find out. I'd rather do the 21st.

I need a new helmet too :(

27. Feffman

Feffman Member

Give the good people at Simpson Racing (www.TeamSimpson.com) a call for a high quality SA rated helmet. An SA2005 will be good until 2015 and the soon to be released SA2010 (likely October) will be good until about 2020.

Feff

28. beav

beav Member

29. 4sevens

4sevens Member

These are all rather pricey. I recall Meredith mentioning something about $200....

30. beav

beav Member

Maybe a used one...the cheapest new one out there is (likely) G-Force...their SA2005 is ~$250.

31. Feffman

Feffman Member

32. 4sevens

4sevens Member

Just SA is ok? I need to be sure before I pick it up. I currently have a helmet that says "Snell Approved" but the code inside is M95 which doesn't qualify. I don't want to but a helmet and end up not being able to use it. I think it needs a sticker saying SA2000 or SA2005.

I like the other helmets where the lexan is tinted for the stig look.
    Can you tint the clear shield?

33. 2thAche

2thAche Member

34. 4sevens

4sevens Member

Thats last one doesn't qualify. It's M2005.

Want to order helmets together to save on shipping?

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  35. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

I'm itching for some track time this year...

Is there any restriction of running convertible in road atlanta?? If possible, I would drive my STI one day and z4 the other day.

36. Jake

Jake Active Member

i would think it may have to have some sort of roll bar

37. 2thAche

2thAche Member

Free shipping :D

I think Boxter and S2000 are the only open cars allowed w/out a cage

38. 4sevens

4sevens Member

What?? Are you sure? Rollbar and hardtop is not enough?

39. 4sevens

4sevens Member

from the website:

Convertibles must have a roll bar which passes the broomstick test or have a hard top in place.

40. 2thAche

2thAche Member

Srry I said "cage", wasn't thinking. Yea roll bar or hard top.

Are you signed up? Saturday?

41. 4sevens

4sevens Member

I am signed up for saturday :) I just got my track wheels.... in flat black heheh.
    I picked up a hitch as well as a harbor freight utility trailer so I won't have to flatbed my miata there.
    If I weren't going out of town this weekend I'd spend it in the garage :D

42. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

Z4's roll bars are much higher than s2000. so it better be allowed then. I guess I'll contact the feff directly to make sure.

43. 2thAche

2thAche Member

Emailed registration form. Check is in the mail.

44. 4sevens

4sevens Member

Saturday or sunday?

45. beav

beav Member

Hey Feff - are your events part of Lockton Affinity's HPDE insurance program? I can't connect to their site for some reason so I thought I'd ask you.

46. Feffman

Feffman Member

We insure our track car with WSIB Insurance (www.WSIBInsurance.com) for track days. Contact Kraig Hopkins at WSIB.

Feff

47. 2thAche

2thAche Member

Saturday. Devon is going to try to switch to Sat also.

48. 4sevens

4sevens Member

Awesome! Get switched up and lets tear up the track together. Honestly I'm terrified since this will be my first time at RA. I've been watching RA videos religiously studying the turns and elevation changes.

49. 4sevens

4sevens Member

I need a helmet

50. Feffman

Feffman Member

Contact Simpson Racing (www.TeamSimpson.com) about a proper SA rated helmet. Their SA rated V-Sport helmet is $250.

Feff