Roof Scoop

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by FTZ, Dec 8, 2004.

1. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Roof Scoop and Internal Vents are here. My car is getting a transformation next week.

2. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

finally came in huh.... thats tite... don't forget to post pics

3. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I probably will, but will see. Uppipe and downpipe were in customs as of Monday. Muffler was shipping out from the UK around then so hopefully when I get back from my vacation that stuff will be here too.

4. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

wow~ don't forget to post PIX when you get them.

5. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

You goin with a Spec C style pop-up scoop?

If so thats ballsy cutting into the roof of a brand new car. I definately wouldnt do that to my car, but props to you!

6. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

what happens when it rains???

7. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

im sure it can be closed

8. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I went with the rally style. It's covered when parked I don't have much to worry about. The vents are closable and should not leak. Not doing it myself, too scared to screw it up. I'm taking it to a custom hot rod shop in PA. They do great work.

9. GTscoob

PA, Pennsylvania??

Be sure to get some pics, scoops are badass.

10. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

This should be cool :)

11. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

So, I am in PA, got home Saturday morning at 6 am. Had the vents sent here because I was afraid I would not get them in time so first thing when I get to my parents house was check it out in person. To my dismay the vent appears to be a giant bowl that is going to catch water and eventually start leaking into the car. Very disappointed that no roof scoop will be available for my return trip to ATL. Talked to Rallyperformance, and although the vent was special ordered, they are allowing me to return it. So now I will need to order the spec c vent and find a place in Atl that can install it, unless any of you feel comfortable and secure cutting into my roof (unlikely). I took pics of the vent and will post them soon. Just an update.

12. Alex

I'll do it, no problem; just use my can opener here
    [​IMG]

a la the jaws of life...

More seriously though, I am sorry to hear about this mishap, shit happens sometimes :crying:
    Best of luck getting this straightened out -- please let me know if there is anything I may help you with.

13. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

This thread had been dead for about a month now, but it is time for me to reopen it. As I mentioned in my Scoobysport Uppipe and Downpipe thread, my Spec C Roof Vent came today. I need some opinions.

Should I:

1. Install the roof vent only and leave the scoop off.

or
    2. Install both vent and scoop and be done with it.

The Scoop is painted and ready to go. Regardless of how I do it the Scoop will be installed at some point. The Vent alone looks pretty cool, and I can add the scoop in the future. But if I do the scoop now, it can never come off. What do you all think. Included is a link from Nasioc where you can see with and without scoop.

Help me please.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=678796&highlight=Roof+Scoop

14. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

if i were u, i'd prefer to do the whole thing and finish it off at once... is there any reason why you are thinking of leaving the scoop off?

15. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Just because either way I do it, it will look pretty good. And like I said before, the scoop is perminent and can be added at any point in the future. I don't know, just wanted some opinions on what other people think.

16. GTscoob

I think the pop-up vent is pretty cool but the actual scoop would look out of place without other body mods.

17. Alex

I agree with Bobby entirely.

18. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

good point

19. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

20. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

he finally got the vent put on.... but i think he's gonna wait a while before putting te scoop on

21. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

i was thinking about putting one in..but taking the sawzaw (sp?) to my roof is kinda scary

22. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

jason- did you ever put the rest of the scoop on?

23. GTscoob

Jason's scoop looks badass. I wish I could have waited around to ride in it and see how functional the scoop really is.

I think he told me at TopSpeed that he was going to wait on the bigger scoop until he had other body mods.

24. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Yeah, I am gonna hold off awhile to put the scoop on. I am sure I will get a chance in the future to give you a ride Bobby. Besides it was a little cold that night at Topspeed.