Rotated GT30r turbo kit

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by Cool_____, Jul 3, 2006.

1. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Never will I work on a rotated mount kit again. It was a major PAIN to install. Everything was so tight that you literally had no room to work and tighten bolts up. Also fitting and removing and fitting stuff just is so labor intensive. I would do a Nissan SR20 swap before this not that the SR20 swap is that hard. We worked on the car from 9 AM to 1AM and still didn't have it finished. Most of the problems were in the fact that the Ebay FMIC is not a bolt on affair and that the FMIC piping in no way was gonna work with the rotated GT30R kit. Custom piping is a must. Also the intake was hard to get to fit on because of the reservoir in its location and the mess of wires and lines there. The Tial WG is right in a bad spot. Uhhhh I am so sore and all still.

I am tired so I am gonna quit ranting and finish this up.....if you plan on going with a rotated mount get ready for it to take some time, some patience, and a lot of frustration. It isn't a quick easy job. This made me make up my mind for the future plans on the car. I am gonna stick with a stock location turbo and figure out how to use a EWG with the 18g!

2. Brian

Brian Active Member

There is a thread on NASIOC with tips on how to install a Perrin rotated without the headaches. Good luck!

3. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Its really not that hard, I cant imagine why you had that many problems.

Matt

4. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

It wasn't hard per say. It was mostly a hassle trying to make a guy happy. He was hell bent and intent on driving the car that night. He bought the Ebay FMIC and it in no way will bolt right up to the car. You have to make brackets and I wasn't at the shop where all my tools were. We were at his house and had the bare neccesities. So the stock TMIC wasn't gonna clear the turbo nor was the FMIC. He needed to be able to drive the car to his guy that was gonna make the piping for him.

The problem was we all went in totally unprepared when he told me he had everything we needed when we didn't.

Linky....I couldn't find it.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2006
  5. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i'd bet it was primarily because of the ebay IC... perrin makes quality stuff

6. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

It was Milo. The kit itself was VERY nice but there isn't alot of room to work mainly because of the location of the EWG. When I go EWG I am putting it down where the collector is at the bottom of the uppipe.

7. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

EWG is cool... but i think its too cool for me... just like rotated kits are too cool for me too...

milo == not cool enough

:wtc:

8. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

LOL Milo the only reason I will eventually go EWG is when I go 2.5L I gotta get rid of a LOT of air for the 18g to breathe. I wanna see how fun the 18g is and if it doesn't satisfy me then it will be a clipped 20g!

9. bluebudda

bluebudda Member

sorry for going off topic but I'm a new guy to all of it but I just got my hands on a vf39 turbo but before I but it on my 03 wrx Impreza 2.0 I know I need 550cc , have sti up and down pip but I would like to upgrade the turbo's internals what company will have what I'm looking for sorry no one is coverd this in none of the forums thank you

10. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

deadbolt can do some upgrading on your vf39.

11. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Call Deadbolt on that. The IHI turbos are picking about being upgraded or rebuilt.