rough friday

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by crazyazn, Mar 1, 2013.

1. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.4; en-us; ADR6400L 4G Build/IMM76D) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Man, well my luck this year just gets better. Just got laid off from my job :(.

Hope you all have a better Friday!

2. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

:( sorry to hear man. With your talent I'm sure you'll find something

3. crazyazn

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.4; en-us; ADR6400L 4G Build/IMM76D) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Thanks Dana. Yeah maybe its a sign to try pushing my photography more than the 3d work

4. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

Oh damn. That sucks dude

5. crazyazn

Yea its tough times for little boutique style agencies. But hey I'm keeping my head up, guess its just time to grow into something new

6. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

damn Jeff, sorry to hear this...wanna go to a strip club tonight?

7. crazyazn

Haha thx dude but I think ill be doing some drinking downtown with some old work colleagues and trying to peddle my skills

8. b reel

b reel Active Member

I do

9. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

What do/did you do dude?

10. Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B146 Safari/8536.25)

Don't we all?

11. crazyazn

I do 3d modeling, lighting/rendering for advertising. Also I do photography, so a bit different from the tech sector that I think most memebers do

12. My dad is a art director for a advertising firm. I dont know if it will help, but I could ask if he knows of anything.

13. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

That sucks man, FWIW the job market seems to be getting better. I recently started looking into getting back into the construction business. As soon as I put my resume out I started getting calls.

14. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

Sorry to hear this. Really hope this leads to something you enjoy even more.

....like the aforementioned strip club???

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  15. crazyazn

Thanks man, shameless plug but my website is www.jeffrey-ling.com. its a bit outof date, but over the next few days ill be adding in my recent work.

Also thanks for the support guys, its just a part of life. Ive wanted change for a.while.just really hoped I would do it on my time.

16. orndog

orndog Member

Sorry to hear it man. Try to keep that positive attitude!

17. Drowland87

Drowland87 Staff Member Supporting Member

Damn sorry to hear that. I hope everything works out for the better.

18. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

Damn dude...that really sucks. :(

19. rsutton1223

rsutton1223 Obsessed Supporting Member

Damn man. I am really sorry to hear that. I hit up who I can to see what is out there.

20. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

Severance package? Also that really sucks but you're really talented and I'm sure you'll land on your feet.

21. resynch

resynch Supporting Member

Sorry to hear about that man. You are a very smart and talented dude and keep your head up. Better opportunities are on the horizon for you man.

On another note +1 for a wrxatlanta strip club meet..lol

22. resynch

resynch Supporting Member

Holy double post batman!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  23. crazyazn

thank you all for the support, its times like this that the true spirit of the community comes through.

24. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

one door closes and another will soon open

25. Do you have your resume? I might know someone hiring from SAP for 3d modelers

26. bixs

bixs Supporting Member

Speaking of, I really wish I had better contacts as far as what you are looking for :/

27. crazyazn

Thanks kai, I've gotta do some updating over the next couple days, but ill hit you up when I get things on order, really appreciate the help.

Also thanks for the support David!

28. Fab.It

Fab.It New Member

Soo sorry to hear about your job Jeff. Just keep your head up and I'm sure something better will come your way. No way someone with your talent is going to be out of work for long.

29. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

Jeff - Sorry to hear about your layoff. I'll keep my eyes open for anything I can think of! I'll post your site too to see if that can help. Good luck. Let me know if I can do anything for you

30. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Sorry to hear about the layoff. I know how much that sucks. Good luck finding a new job.

31. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

Good luck.
    At least now you have more time to work on the stuff you love.

32. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Sorry about the layoff dude.

Maybe you can start blogging, receive $100,000's worth of free stuff and make money?

33. nygiant

nygiant Member

i am sure most of us here know how it is to be out of work...but just know that with patience, something 10X will come your way

34. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

better things are to come Jeff, you'll find something better

35. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Sorry to hear brother.

36. orndog

orndog Member

Everybody at the Tuesday meet buys him a beer (each)?
    alllllllright

37. crazyazn

^^ lol no thats totally unnecessary. However, I will try to come out and chat amongst you all, its always good to be among great people in rough times.

38. b reel

b reel Active Member

somebody better drive him there and back, Camry's don't do well in ditches

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  39. orndog

orndog Member

I hate to ask, well no I don't, but how is the $ situation?