Rules of Attraction

Discussion in 'Movie Reviews' started by Deke, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Deke

Deke Active Member

So this is by no means a new movie (I believe it came out in 2002) but I saw this a few weeks ago and have not been able to get it out of my head. It was incredibly twisted and I loved that about it. I believe there was a mention of it in another thread featuring a video of Jessica Biel, so I know at least one person in here has seen it.

Anyone else? What did you think?

This is probably one of my favorite scenes from the movie. In part just because it's really weird/original and also because I'm doing a study abroad in Europe this summer. NWS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMzwXAiv4T4

2. AXLEJOHNSON

AXLEJOHNSON Member

I love that movie, have you ever seen American Psycho? Sean Bateman (James Van Der Beek) is Patrick Bateman's (the killer in American Psycho) younger brother. Bret Easton Ellis books are very demented and twisted, and both movies American Psycho and Rules of Attraction capture the feeling of the books very well. Rules of Attraction kind of leaves you feeling confused after you watch, because there is really no closure, if I remember correctly, its been a while since I have watched, but it is definitely a good movie. Oh ya and Jessica Beal is smoking in this movie.

3. Deke

Deke Active Member

Haha weird. Yeah I've seen American psycho. That's definitely a little interesting piece of trivia.

As for Rules of Attraction having no closure, you're absolutely right. I mean, it begins and ends mid-sentence. It's so quotable too...

"Since when does fucking somebody else mean that I'm not faithful to you?"

:rofl: