???rx8???

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by wrxbacano, Jan 21, 2006.

1. wrxbacano

wrxbacano Member

I dont know if im in the right forum, But has anyone ran with a stock RX8, what are their times, my friend just bought one and his wanting to race me, Im stock just have an intake and BOV, I know does not help with the performance but how will I do?

2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I just called the other Alex to find out for you and he said you two will prob. be identical.

3. wrxbacano

wrxbacano Member

Cool, sounds like fun I will post the final outcome when it happends

4. KingofSiam

KingofSiam Member

Umm...

He has less wieght and more whp.

So... get a good launch and make sure it ends before the speedo's get too high.

5. wrxguy

wrxguy Member

Yeah Alex and my self were messing around on I85 a few weeks back. Top end the rx8 will beat the crap out of you because your stock. But if you start from a dig you will have a better chance like KigofSiam said.

6. socrates42

socrates42 Member

intake and BOV are the worst first mods evar

7. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

from a dig you will take him, there isnt any way to get a good launch in the rx8, its geared to where he will spin the tires through first even if he slips the clutch. if its on the highway depending on the speed he will most likely be in his power band and could possibly get past you. have fun but please be safe.

8. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

take em to the track and see what hes made of.

9. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

On the track (road course), the RX8 I believe will outhandle your WRX. In fact, I'm certain of it considering I drove Alex's around Little Tally this past week.

10. KingofSiam

KingofSiam Member

Ya, for some reason reviews always use words like "surgical precision" when describing the handling characteristics of RX-8's.

11. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

Find a short strip - shorter the better
    Find a rainy day - today is good
    I hope you wrx is not auto (if auto dont even try)
    Dont do it on a roll.

Armor all his rear tires :) and i dont mean only the sidewalls

12. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

The RX-8 was a JOY on the road-course. Beautifully balanced, light, comunicative, the only thing it lacks is torque ;)

Take your intake and BOV off and you'll have a better shot ;)

SS

13. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

you know you want and rx-8 scott :D