salvage yard WRX?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by gueryjones, Jun 22, 2005.

1. gueryjones

gueryjones Member

Does anyone know of a WRX sitting in a junkyard anywhere? I have a few random parts that I need to pull off of there, like glove box latch, cup holder, the little hook that the floormats are held in place with, etc...

2. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

alex said he wanted to got to some but never heard anything else about it. i n eed afew things also!!

3. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

i'm looking for one too! need to pull the TGV sensors off.

let me know if you find one, and i'll let you know if i find one as well.

-drums

4. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

haha why didnt any of you just PM me if you're looking for WRXs in junkyards . . .

There's one at a junkyard about a mile and a half away from Tech. Its an 03 sedan with a completely burnt out engine bay (pretty much everything forward of the firewall is toast).

New Dixie Used Auto Parts:
    947 Donald Lee Hollowell Pkwy
    Atlanta, GA 30318
    www.newdixieautoparts.com

They werent necessarily the nicest folks plus they were trying to rip me off on a harness but you might be able to find some stuff.

5. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

do you have anymore contacts that i could call? i need the sensors, so the burnt out engine bay doesn't help me much.

thanks bobby!

-drums

6. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

I have the TGV sensors and motors if you need them.

Matt

7. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

are you kidding me? that's awesome!!!!!!!

yeah, I do need them!

-drums

8. married05gt

married05gt starting over

talk to drew

9. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Are you coming to Dallas on Friday night?

I can bring them with me, do you just need one or do you need all of them.

Matt

Last edited: Jun 23, 2005
  10. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

I'm not going to be able to make it to Dallas tomorrow night. I'll be out of town.

I'll send you a pm with my cell number and work out a time to meet.

I think i just need both sensors, but I need to talk to Scott at SoG first just to make sure.

Thanks man!

-drums

11. scuby drew

scuby drew techos ftws!!EEEE

i will know tomorrow if there will be another parting out and salavge wrx, its not looking bright

12. gueryjones

gueryjones Member

DOODS! Found 2 and 1/2 salvaged WRXs up in Cumming. One is a silver 04 that they just got in. Call these guys up and see if they still have what you need. Got all the random fasteners and stuff that I was missing earlier today.
    http://www.tallantbrosautoparts.com/

13. SkullWRX

SkullWRX Member

I call the control arms/ trailing links/ lateral links if it's a sedan!!!

14. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I just need a rear pass. door. WRB would be excellent.

15. gueryjones

gueryjones Member

Sorry... One silver, 1.5 sedona reds. The reds were pretty trashed bodywise, but I think the silver still had that door. Might want to call first, though.

16. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

Do they have a silver bugeye wrx hood?

17. SkullWRX

SkullWRX Member

Who wants to go? They've got my control arms!

18. gueryjones

gueryjones Member

Pretty sure it was an '04. Call 'em anyway. If we generate enough interest they might continue buying WRXs. The sign up front said they specialize in 5 year old or newer Hondas and Toyotas (i.e. Japanese vehicles.)

19. GTscoob

did you check that the Tallant Bros still had any parts? They said they didnt have any when I talked with them a couple months ago.

The WRX at the junkyard I mentioned is pretty stripped now (tranny, ecu, wiring, etc) but they may still have suspension components.

20. SkullWRX

SkullWRX Member

Who you checking with Bobby? If me, I emailled them today, they have both arms for $100 each.

21. GTscoob

I just know that they didnt have the wiring harnesses I needed and it sounded like they didnt even have the car there anymore.

I guess they do now.:hs:

22. SkullWRX

SkullWRX Member

go to the website and email them. They got back to me within 2 hours when i asked about the control arms.