Sandblast Rally 2013 (SC)

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by AlliRae, Jan 25, 2013.

1. AlliRae

AlliRae Member

[​IMG]

Sandblast Rally is back on March 2nd, 2013 with over 37 cars and another 38 bikes already signed up. Come check out Rally Racing in the woods around Cheraw, SC. This is the closest WRC style event to GA.

The whole event is on Saturday with night stages and several opportunities to check out the cars and talk to the drivers. Spectating is free and volunteering will get you the best views, a chance to party and hang with the drivers at the awards banquet and more than likely get you some free stuff. You can sign up to volunteer here: http://NASARallySport.com/nrsdb

Event website with the schedule, entry list and directions is at: www.sandblastrally.com
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

I'm hoping to be there for this!

3. AlliRae

AlliRae Member

I'll be codriving the 89 Audi, #5 with Hollen Groff. Come by and say hey!

4. clemsonscooby

clemsonscooby Active Member

What an awesome event! The best part about working the event is driving on the closed stages. I wish they still had Cherokee. Worked the last one they had and it ran into the night. Very ominous when those rally cars are blasting through the dark woods, brakes glowing, and hella lights bouncing off the trees.

5. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.4; en-us; ThunderBolt Build/IML74K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Wow this would be sweet to watch.

6. b reel

b reel Active Member

I doubt anyone here will make the drive... if it's more than 15 minutes, it's too far

7. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

i'll do it if the justy shows up :p

8. b reel

b reel Active Member

you pay gas and help rebuild the front-end and we'll go. It's toted a complete 2.5L/6-spd driveline so I think it will have no problem with your camera gear.

9. bluedestiny

bluedestiny Supporting Member

10. dwx

dwx Member

Miss going to Rallies in the Midwest might have to head to this one.