Saw III

Discussion in 'Movie Reviews' started by jakeisajedi, Oct 29, 2006.

1. jakeisajedi

jakeisajedi Member

This movie is ridiculous. I recommend it if you liek the other two. Im a big fan. I also recommend watching 1 and 2 before watching this one.

2. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

i thouhgt it was lame..

3. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

ill catch it when it comes to dvd

4. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Is marky marks brother in it again????????

5. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

for a short time... i watched it last night... it was pretty cool

6. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

does he meet a fate like danny glover?

7. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

1 was the best...Hands Down...

Mark

8. I liked it.....But that just me, I thought it was kinda cool how they flashed abck and covered a few tings that was left unknown and the ending was pretty cool

9. Deke

Deke Active Member

I've only seen the first one and about half of the second, but the main guy in the first one, Cary Elwes, couldn't act his way out of a nutsack. I mean I like a lot of movies he's been in (Princess Bride is amazing), but he is just not a good dramatic actor at all. It's to the point where it was regularly distracting to me during the first movie.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2006
  10. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Hell...in the first one, I knew the acting was horrible, but that is what makes a horror flick a horror flick...my personal favorite is Halloween...just plain scary...with hardly any blood and guts...I miss the old thrillers....Too many horror movies nowadays are just plain gory and not scary...just my .02 cents...

Mark

11. Deke

Deke Active Member

I couldn't agree with you more. I feel like way too many horror movies now go for the cringe factor rather than actual suspense (Best example I can think of: Hostel). I'm a much bigger fan of the more suspense filled ones that don't rely primarily on gore to scare the audience.

That being said, the Saw does make you cringe but at the same time you're thinking "what a awesomely fucked up concept." As opposed to cutting achiles tendons with a giant pair of scissors while blood goes everywhere (House of Wax) or packing an freshly amputated leg, via chainsaw, with salt (Texas Chainsaw Massacre). Saw is a smart thriller, or at least I think so.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2006
  12. jakeisajedi

jakeisajedi Member

Well you have to think of the budget that went into the first one, but other than the one room horror film, the storyboard is crazy.

13. Deke

Deke Active Member

Oh no doubt, the story is great.

14. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

+1 for the dvd, i thought the first two were decent....but have gotten bored in them. They have a good twist but they just don't have the best acting.

15. MumblinAviator

MumblinAviator New Member

Let's face it, no one goes to see Saw series for the acting...

at least I didn't.

The cringe factor is really the only thing doing it for me these days. The other "suspense" type horror films have gotten old, and although may make you gasp or jump every now and then, I don't find that Scary.

Scary is seeing a guys limbs get twisted off like twist-ties and realizing what it might be like to be awake during something like that.

My .02

16. Deke

Deke Active Member

Well I "saw" it tonight (haha, get it?...I'm lame), and let's just say that I wish I had seen Borat instead. I thought it was pretty lame (and this actually has nothing to do with the acting, which was fine) I just thought it was kind of stupid. I mean it was gross, which was fine, I just left and felt that I could have left an hour earlier and have been perfectly fine with it. But eh, maybe that's just me.

17. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

totally agreed
    Signs would have been a totally kick ass movie if they hadn't showed the damn aliens so much and had that lame water thing
    the hand reveal was all they need to show. That movie captured so much hitchcock in it, then m. night shwayayamalammmalon had to go and be mr I love lame "twists"

I like what he's trying to do, but stop trying so hard, and just have ONE big twist not 37. this sums it up best
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBKb5rZQoeM

18. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

I like the movie a lot,the story was great.I give it. :bigthumb: :bigthumb: :bigthumb: up.

19. Deke

Deke Active Member

Well I finally figured out what it was about the movie that turned me off. The storline was decent, it was really just the ridiculousness of the whole idea. With Jigsaw, I just catch myself thinking "Really? You went through all of that trouble for that?"

I can't exactly explain the correlation, but it reminds me of the South Park episode that takes place in Aspen with the skiing competition. How Tad (I think that was his name) thought he was so cool (with "Stan Darsh" and all that stuff). Haha like I said I have trouble explaining it, but I just got the same feeling from Jigsaw. Like, "oh wow...yeah your badass...definitely worth your while to prove that point..." (laden with extreme sarcasm).

Haha ok so maybe I haven't quite pinpointed it yet, but that's pretty close.