Scenic Drive close to Atlanta

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by jyang, Jul 30, 2007.

1. jyang

jyang Member

So..... I'm finally graduating this semester, and my folks are flying in for my graduation ceremony. I was looking for a nice day drive for me to take them on. Any recommendations?

I'm looking for something less crazy than the mountain run on 400 but not so boring like driving on a highway.

2. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

There's always the Scenic Highway (it also ties into the Tail of the Dragon).

Congrats on the graduation as well!!

3. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

Cherohala Skyway. Starts in tellico plans tn. That drive ends up being a good full day outing.

I would head up to the mountains in dahlonega and either take 129/75 up to Unicoi state park OR
    Drive up to brasstown bald just outside of helen georgia.

IF you plan your drive up to the mountains a little there are a lot of water falls to be seen or you could head over to amicola falls state park.

4. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

meh just do the dragon's tail...hehe 318 turns ain't so bad

5. Greg

Greg Active Member

Or you could go up 129 to Helton Falls. Its right before the truck runoff at Vogel State Park. Its a long dirt road down there, but its worth it once you get to the bottom. The cabins at the top are also really nice to rent. Its like $75 a night for a 3 bedroom cabin with a hot tub in the mountains... Its also in our little 'loop' ;)

6. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

Drive over to stone mountain and hang out over there.

7. hwy 53 south. hwy 52 west out of ellijay.

8. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

Lake Lanier is a nice spot to check out.

9. Greg

Greg Active Member

Yeah the lake is nice up here, but theres nothing else to do unless your on the lake