Scion tC

Discussion in 'Other Models' started by Superdude, Sep 21, 2005.

1. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

A buddy of mine just ordered a Scion tC last night. Does anyone have any insight on tuning them, or generic info that might help him out in tuning. I'd love for him to find a forum as AWESOME as all of you. Is there a local chapter anyone can suggest? Or a shop he might want to start chatting with?

He was my ride-a-long on the mountain run last month. I tried my darndest to get him into a WRX with no avail.

Thanks folks!! :bowdown:

2. RADON

RADON Member

My brother has a tC, but has no mods yet. www.scionlife.com seems to be their nasioc.

3. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

i think TRD is supporting the after market for them

4. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

yea TRD is most of the aftermarket but ive seen other companies out as well. Is the supercharger out for it yet? there was one forum i read on one time that i wasnt to happy about. A guy was claiming he stomped an STI with a TC that had only intake and exhaust. I like TCs dont get me wrong but i dont like smack talkers or story tellers.

5. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

I've heard the motors are fairly stout even after adding forced induction.

Other than that they seem pretty cool, and are getting to be pretty common around Atlanta.

6. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

i've read that the TRD department boasted about the supercharger, but it still has yet to deliver. i think i read 2006-2007 before its out. also, it only bring it up to 210HP at the most. so as far as smokin' an STi, i call BS!

a side question: how much involoment is there is putting a turbo on a NA car? is it large undertaking?

...and yes, GTscoob, i agree MO NAKED HOES!!!

7. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

P I T A ;)

8. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

i would only boost an N/A car if i had A. a lot of extra money and B. the patience and time to do it. A lot of people always talk about boosting cars but dont understand how much trouble it really is to do it. You have to replace almost everything intake related, exaust, ecu, needs proper tuning etc....

9. married05gt

married05gt starting over

A guy I work with has a boosted scion Xa. Its still a dog.

10. rolling_trip

some cars u can get away with about 7 psi i think, before you have to replace internals, not sure about the tc

11. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

ok, this may open a can of worms, but...
    what does that mean, monk? :eek:hnoes:

12. RADON

RADON Member

13. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

14. Meredith

Meredith Banned

there were a couple of scion tcs at one the scca autox schools this summer. they didn't look too happy on stock tires. personally i would work on the suspension and tires before i would dump money into a turbo or supercharger. but overall i guess it depends on what you want to do with the car, i.e. make it a drag car or whatnot. just my 2 cents.

15. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

but they will make a LOT of power at 7psi

16. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

lol, thanks radon.

if someone just wanted to drag, then damn, just get an old 5.0 and gut it ;)
    just a lot of work for so little gain IMHO (in my humble opion :) ).

17. SnarkBreeder

SnarkBreeder Member

The TRD supercharger is just a myth that's told to children to get them to eat all their peas. I remember reading some time ago that the solid release date for it was fall of 2004. ;)

18. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

he's ordered 18's with Pirellis and the suspention upgrades. it's pretty cool all the available upgrade they do offer. he's going to take it in baby steps. like all of us, it's all about the cash flow...

Thanks for all the input folks. i told him i started a thread on here, he's was like great let the flames begin. you guys are awesome! let the info flow. i'm interested in seeing what this car is capable of.

19. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

thank you for the compliments... we have awesome members... even though we are WRXatlanta, we're more of an auto enthusiasts community and appreciate all cars... im very glad u like it here and hope ur stay will be premanent :)

20. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

yea the Tc is a great car..nice looks, toyota quality/dependabilty with a good range of performance parts available..

21. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Yea my girl has one and I love driving it. It's not a stick like my rex. But still fun. The TC stick is faster than the RSX Type-S to about 50mph then the RSX vtec kicks in.

22. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

i'm here to stay, milo. i missed meeting you at the mountain run, but a new turbo is far more important than meeting Superdude!. i'll tell my buddy to sign on.
    and yes, it's all about cars! :wavey:

23. rolling_trip

don't forget, maybe the best entry level car for the price

24. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

glad to hear that... getting to know the members is very important... i like how in this forum, almost everyone knows everyone... makes it a club rather than just a forum

25. Goose013

Goose013 Member

FYI: MODIFIED MAG did an article on a beefed up Scion project car with over 400hp (if i'm remembering correctly) Its the issue with the Gumball STI's. That would be a good place to start.

26. SJ LGT

SJ LGT New Member

The engine in the Tc is actually the same as what is in the 4 cyl camry's and can haddle up to 6/7 psi on stock internals. There are a couple of aftermarket forced induction setups on the market, but as stated TRD has yet to come out with theirs. The TRD suspension is actually really good i have install 3 of them and the car handles reallyt good with them and a good set of rubber.
    My .02

27. SJ LGT

SJ LGT New Member

A quick update the TRD superchargers are available now. For other mods a good site is also scionspeed.com they have a few turbo kits etc..
    Scott