Scoobysport Uppipe and Downpipe

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by FTZ, Jan 3, 2005.

1. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

My Scoobysport uppipe and downpipe are here. Just picked it up from UPS this morning. I have an appointment with Porter for Saturday to get them installed at Topspeed. Can't wait.

2. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Kickass!!

3. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

You are going to love it man, such an improvment over stock. I know I love mine....

4. 05WRXSTI

05WRXSTI Member

How did it go? Any hp difference? Sound? Brian

5. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Don't know yet, I will let you know on Saturday. I am expecting quite a difference in sound and hp, Topspeed isn't getting their dyno until next week so I won't be able to test HP until then. I just want to hear the sound. Scoobysport is legendary for their sound. I have never heard one in person only sound clips from the website. Does anyone around here have the SCoobysport exhaust?

6. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

I have heard that exhaust before, its pretty mean dude. Yeah I got mad hp out of the uppipe and TBE. I love the way mine sounds now. It sounds like a 911 on juice!!

7. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Did you have yours at the dyno day at knowledge? I don't remember if I heard it or not.

8. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

naw I only had cat-back and the sti TMIC thats about it. I pulled 185 then. I know I'm way above that now but I need to get it dyno'd soon.

9. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

mike: dyno it when u get EM...

10. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Probably, I need to get it dyno'd soon. I'm guessin i'm around 210whp maybe more I donno. I went to Top Speed today to get a check engine fix for my downpipe cuz I couldn't pass emissions this morning. Note: don't reset your ECU before you get emissions bc your ECU has to go through a drive cycle which last 200-300 miles. I didn't know that at that time.

11. GTscoob

Mike go with the mech CEL delete. I'm assuming you're getting the "rear-cat inefficiency" code.

12. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

I guess so. Porter put it a spacer on my downpipe to keep from throwing the check engine light. We thought we had it fixed but on the way home from school, I still threw the check engine light. So I'm pissed.

13. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

thats odd, i did the CEL fix at the time of install and its never thrown the CEL. i wonder if it was spaced enough out?

14. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

oh its enough and my downpipe is catted, I'm wondering if its my uppipe.

15. GTscoob

I'd say go get the CEL code pulled.

Have you done the 2.2K ohm resistor for the up-pipe? If not you're probably getting the "overly high EGT" code.

16. switchdrummer

switchdrummer New Member

Where do you put that resistor??? Secondary o2 sensor? What wire??

17. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

turns out its my intake thats making my EGT read really hot. Like 1600 oF I guess thats pretty hot, well at least thats what scott said from SOG

18. GTscoob

The resistor goes into the plug that the factory EGT sensor plugs into. Search around on the bigger boards and there is plenty of info.

19. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

So I got my uppipe and downpipe installed today. Took my car to Topspeed. It took all day. I mean 10am to 9pm. Porter did the work. Not completely done yet. I need to go back Saturday to get my EGT and A/F gauges wired up properly.

I am pretty pleased with the result. Low end power band has definitely changed. Spool up is great. The whistle from the Turbo sounds great. I wish it was more exhaust and not so much engine still, but that will change once I get the muffler.

On another note, my Spec C roof vent came in today. I wasn't home to get it, but it is sitting at my leasing office for me to pick up before work.

20. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

thats great man, I'm glad you like the UP/DOWNPIPE