Scott Siegel and TopSpeed you are the BEST...PERIOD!!!

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by techlord, Sep 18, 2009.

1. techlord

techlord Active Member

Well as to be expected Scott Siegel has gone above and beyond my expectations. In fact, I would like to have seen the results had my cobb dongle not caused an hour of head scratching as it would not reflash but would do everything else.

Anyways the afternoon tune had canceled giving more than enough time to properly tune 3 maps…93 very conservative, 93&Meth very conservative, and a 93&Meth KILL! Funny part is the kill map appears to be happy as a clam. MOST importantly the results given the fact that I don’t have an external WG or aftermarket headers were truly AMAZING.

I left TopSpeed blown away with the results, NOT only did Scott achieve my HP goals but he SHATTERED what I thought the max tq could be as stated earlier without headers! I had given up on any tq gain but the SIEGEL can tune a KILL map with the best of them.

Thank you TopSpeed for the great hospitality, Valerie in particular for taking care of lunch without our asking for a thing, you are GREAT. Decker and Doug and the rest of the TS crew for some good laughs and conversation.

I would also like to thank my friends Mike, Cohen, Jason 420, and Dana, for coming by to cheer this badass 2.0 to a new level. And the others that called to check her progress throughout the day, you know who you are.

Now lets get down to some #’s. As many of you know and I have made no secret that I have been trying to match the amazing power laid to the pavement by Delette aka Coolrex. Also to be noted tuned by Scott Siegel…and I have ALWAYS come up just a tad short. Well, not this time just as he retires his 2.0 to join the big boys, it was a great run guy…I will carry the 2.0 torch from here! Lol

Dyno plot file description: (in order as below)
    RunFile_036 – This is my last tune before the FMIC and was fairly balls to the wall.
    RunFile_007 – This is Coolrex last tune with headers
    RunFile_007 – This is my current 93&Meth conservative map
    RunFile_015 – This IS THE KILL MAP. You don’t want none of this!!!
    RunFile_018 – 93 Very conservative map, when I run out of meth I am safe now. Lol
    RunFile_021 – Coolrex’s final tune BEFORE headers…I believe this to be tuned by Doug.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  2. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Nice numbers dude!! congrats!!

3. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

saweet!

4. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Great job Scott and Rick. I wouldn't say too much about the headers as they do work. Difference in a 'kill' map and an everyday barely aggressive one.

Now Rick.......shut that big mouth of yours up and lay it down on the pavement at the drag strip. Get the traps and times and I will personally take you out for drinks on me. That should be your motivation ;)

5. techlord

techlord Active Member

LOL
    As you know time is always a factor, and was today to get that many pumped out, as far as the headers, I an insinuating that there may be some more to be had...

I am not much the drag racer, I like the road course. I am sure Mike will want to take a trip as soon as his monsta is broken in. It is going to be tough as you know practice makes perfect and with < 10 runs in the 1/4 I have some homework to do. I welcome you to the track anytime buddy. ;)

6. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I'd love to drive your car balls to the wall just to see what it can do. The biggest hurdle is keeping it smooth. Any hard shifts and bam shift knock ya lose timing. Shift knock will kill your times .2-.3 every event it happens.

7. TopSpeed

TopSpeed Member

I'll have to agree with the title of this thread :)

I'm glad you're happy Rick! Scott definitely knows his way around the laptop. Will you be at the TA event?

- Decker

8. FACE

FACE Active Member

So when you coming by to take me out sweetheart?

Nice work Scott! Congrats Rick!

9. techlord

techlord Active Member

yeah 3rd always gets me for some reason, I wanna shove it in 1st. not good

Dammit I knew I forgot to pay for something. YES I am!

10. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Nice numbers....let me know when you want more power and are ready for some headers:)

11. techlord

techlord Active Member

^^yeah it really makes me wonder what she could potentially have in her. I have a high flow cat in the downpipe as well.

12. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

nice numbers! congrats.

13. Jake

Jake Active Member

nice numbers! congratz!

14. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

We strongly considered headers before tuning, and if we'd had some in stock for the right price, they probably would have gone on. If Rich from Maddad would EVER call us back, we might have had those.

Integroid, we'd still love to test your headers on a big turbo car...

Siegel

15. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Looks great!

16. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

Wowee! This the Bugeye or the Coupe?

17. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Scott Rich isn't gonna budge off his price.

18. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I just noticed something....when you were on TMIC you were absolutely killing me down low (pre 4500 rpms). Now with the FMIC it's shifted more towards my lines. Very good comparsion there!

19. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Bugeye, still not done with the coupe yet.

20. techlord

techlord Active Member

well I was in too deep, spent almost 1600 in 6 days.

that is why I didn't want to get off the TM but am glad now, I don't even notice the power difference down low.

21. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

I've never asked Rich to budge on his price. I asked him to call us back so we could buy 5 sets of his headers. No call back :(

The price comment was if we'd had any decent sets here at TS, Rick prolly would have bought them...

Siegel

22. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Dunno why he isn't getting back. I've talked to him twice last week.

23. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Now you see what I was arguing with ya ;) The low end isn't noticable and when you go WOT you are over 4K anyways. That gain in mid and top end is what ya feel ;)

24. techlord

techlord Active Member

and now with the 6 piston wilwoods on the fronts I can stop so fast my skin hits the windshield and my skeleton takes over driving. 4 piston rears should be in Oct. 2.