Scott Siegel at BATLGROUND

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by monk, Jun 28, 2007.

1. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

we finally got nightshade back under the proverbial knife on tuesday... scott got some really good numbers out of the tune, est. 295 x 320 and what impressed me was this:

this was the batlground baseline 2007 sti so scott wanted to drop the stock map, and a couple cobb maps to get comparison numbers (which hopefully i'll post when i get with him on what those numbers were). meaning, the car was running for several hours and quite hot when scott got down to doing the "real" tuning.

the numbers were basically made under the worst possible heat conditions and the car didn't misbehave one bit ;)

more importantly the car feels great, a huge improvement over the other maps. throttle feels good, and when i took the car out the next morning, i could swear it pulled a good deal harder than it did when i drove it from batlground that night.

scott's new space has a LOT of potential and i expect some great things for him and batlground moving forward.

big thanks to matt ball for his help and beth ball for being really really patient waiting for dinner :)

supporting mods to the stage 2 tune: prodrive TBE.

oh... and if you're in the market for engine management, get yourself a cobb apv2, totally worth it-their support of their products are second to none.

2. rexrocker

rexrocker Active Member

Excellent! Thanks for the info. :bigthumb:

3. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

Awesomeness :bigthumb:

4. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

another satisfied customer

5. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Glad to hear you got your 07 running right with regards to throttle control.

6. Nitro

Nitro Active Member

cool:fawk:

7. Batlground

Batlground Active Member

Good, now I don't have to fire him his first week :D

JP

Tracy

8. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Great numbers! I'll be going soon for the same deal, hope mine turns out as well... What did he up the boost to? I've heard 19psi is norm, but I'm wondering what the negatives would be running 20 or 21??

9. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

18-19.5 on stock turbo is typical target for stage2 stock turbo/IC. anything higher than that may start to go outside of the IC's/turbo's efficiency range (i.e. blowing more hot air than it should)