Screen Printing!

Discussion in 'Art & Photography' started by mmtasty, Nov 20, 2008.

1. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

I bought a 4 color press to make shirts, posters, and whatever else in-house! Woo Hoo!!! I've really gotten into designing band posters and shirts, and now I actually get to hand-print them!
    [​IMG]

2. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

I'd buy a Dethklok shirt if you made one... I'd just get it from the website, but I want a good quality T to start with, not one that'll shrink 2 sizes first time I wash it... Looks like a sweet set-up you got there..

3. flat4ever666

flat4ever666 Member

dude thats badass, ive always wanted a set up like that.

4. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

thats awesome!! def a good side business or full business if you really bust your @$$! my aunt/uncle do the same except they do embroidery in house...good luck and congrats

5. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

well, I'm not a vendor here (yet?) so I'm not selling anything. Also, the setup for anything is about 5 hours, not including designing the images. The designs I'm working with take about 40-50 hours. So...

But in the future we'll see. I've ordered 5 different brand's shirts to check out their qualities and fit.

6. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

7. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

SWEETTT!!!! How much did that run you? PM if you need.

8. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

I have several different Gildan shirts on the way to check out colors and weights.

The starter kit, drying racks, extra screens, and table was right about $2K; however, I picked it all up from someone that thought they wanted a shirt business for $750

9. ohmypearls

ohmypearls Banned

:double post:

Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
  10. ohmypearls

ohmypearls Banned

dude bad ass! that must be so much fun..

11. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

Awesome dude....glad you added another "toy" to your collection :rofl:

12. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

Ugh! Seriously? Everytime I have shirts printed on Gildan tees they make me want to die. Or print on a shirt that fits and isn't made of discarded rags.

13. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

Something with a polyester blend and tight knit seems to print the best, but aren't as nice to wear. The stringy nature of cotton prevents the fine detail I like. American Apparel has a good tee that's all cotton, but they run small in size.

14. AirMax95

AirMax95 Active Member

Wow....Lucky you!

*runs to go searching*:squint:

15. flat4ever666

flat4ever666 Member

hey my ood buddy owns Mindset, check out his tees Mindsetgear.com and he uses american apperal. they are the best fitting tees id look into that.

16. xcritic

xcritic Member

Hanes Beefy T's or american apparel are the most comfortable and best fitting.

17. xcritic

xcritic Member

I worked at a screenprinting shop for 6 years so I should know. :)

18. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

Everyone has a preference. I like Anvils the best. AA's run small and have a big neck hole.