scrubing

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by married05gt, Feb 7, 2005.

1. married05gt

married05gt starting over

I put some 18"x7.5" wheels with 225x40x18 tires when I turn reel hard (which happens to be ever turn) My car makes a bad sound so the last time I washed it I saw that the outside of my left rear tire looks like the fender has put some cuts all the way around it. Why is it doing this and how can I fix it. Tires are to $$$ to lose like this.

2. Genya

Genya No Longer Up At Odd Hours

Is your car lowered alot?

If so you may(must) need to have the rear fender rolled. I may be doing this in the near future, as I have 235/40/18's

Check my other thread out and chime in, may be doing it this week.

Jason

3. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

Do you have wagon or sedan??? what's the offset of the rim???

4. married05gt

I have sedan I think the off set is 47

5. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

wow... 47mm offset rubs??? It'll be great if you share your details of your suspension, wheel, and tire. Oh yea, and your alignment spec as well.

6. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

I just had the same issue, allthough I have 17 x 7 with 225 45's...Mine was due to offset issues though, which was fixed with camber bolts an a good allignment....

7. married05gt

Did the allignment shop do every thing for u. Where did u get the camber bolts, and how much $$$

8. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Shouldnt be too expensive, but I would definately go to an alignment shop ASAP and see if that wheel is off balance, off camber, etc...

9. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Got my camber bolts for $40 from Porter at Topspeed and he installed them for me. Allignment was done at Gran Turismo for $85. My wheels have the wrong offset for our cars and could not be aligned to the specs I wanted(not to mention wearing faster). If I were you I'd make sure those wheels r right 4 the car ASAP!

10. married05gt

Got the specs and they are all F'ed up. The sub fram was shifted, and I had to replace the left side spendel, strut, and tire. Should not scrub any more:dunno