Sell the 200k sti?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by amonsta, Nov 18, 2011.

1. amonsta

amonsta Member

Im trying to decide if I should sell the old sti! It's got a ton of mies but still so awesome! Ive just lost the desire to mod it. If I do sale it is to get something that I wouldn't mod like a Porsche,benz,BMW or maybe a vette. Just looking for some input. Hell Make offers even! Lol

Thanks, Clarke

2. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

What is a 200k mile STI worth?

3. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

What I was thinking.

4. t3chn0rem1x

t3chn0rem1x Member

just keep it man

5. WRXbryanATL

WRXbryanATL Member

dude just keep it.. sell the evo =P

6. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

In GOOD condition, kbb.com lists it at $9200.

I'd keep it

7. amonsta

amonsta Member

Well of course I have goodies on it. Like a rotated kit, bc coilovers,headers,wheels, sways, etc. I guess I'll just revamp it and keep it.

8. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Honestly as a buyer all the aftermarket stuff on a car with that many miles just makes it more undesirable for me.

If I were you I would keep it. Its a pretty cool ride.

9. amonsta

amonsta Member

Yeah I have enjoyed it! My car is a freak of nature. Well taken care of! It's only had one clutch. The motor is still stock. Has a rotated kit with bosch 1000 injectors. Oh and still with 400whp. Many say it wouldnt last but it has and it just getting better with age! Lol it's got 208k to be exact. Any one that has seen it can't believe it!

10. Jake

Jake Active Member

yeah you wont get the money from your mods back, and unless you're ready to come to terms with that fact it wont sell at anything other than around KBB

11. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

If i had hisotry with the car as you did, I would run it till it blows up, and then i would fix it up and drive it some more.

12. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Definitely keep it. Your STi's a one of a kind.

13. slade1274

slade1274 Member

Or.... drive it with the same respect you have for 208k- to which I'm sure you've had your share of fun. I say continue sir!

14. amonsta

amonsta Member

I really think its the highest mileage 04 all original sti out there. It has more sentimental value than kbb. I would only sell to make room not because I need the money. However it's been this good so why not revamp.

15. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Or... what I meant is, drive it till it blows up. Meaning, it might be 20 years from now with 500k miles.

16. amonsta

amonsta Member

Lol 500k would be awesome!

17. jchon3

jchon3 Supporting Member

keep keep keep!

18. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Keep it. Is it burning oil? If not and isn't a maintenance nightmare why get into a high priced Euro that will be a maintenance nightmare?

My M3 wasn't a maintenance nightmare but the cost of stuff if/when it broke had me nervous at times so I just got rid of it while I could.

19. Jake

Jake Active Member

exactly, its not about being able to afford to buy one, its being able to afford the maintenance as well (also the reason i got rid of my subaru)

whats the point in buying something you cant drive whenever you want

20. bixs

bixs Supporting Member

Are you being honest with yourself as a car enthusiast? I respect the statement, but how many people have you seen that have sold their subaru to get something they wouldn't mod, and didn't mod the car they bought? ;)

21. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

into the ground, baby. in to the ground~

22. amonsta

amonsta Member

Im gonna revamp it! It will just become my toy car. I'll buy something when the right thing comes along

23. 2thAche

2thAche Member

You must be alot nicer to it than i am to mine!

24. WRXbryanATL

WRXbryanATL Member

selling any wheels? :D