Setting privileges on users.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by jayj713, Jul 26, 2006.

1. jayj713

jayj713 Member

So basically, I have 2 users on my computer. Me and my cousin. Since my cousin knows pretty much nothing about computers, I don't want him screwing up my computer by installing random stuff. I went away for 4 days and after I came back I had all this shit installed on my computer, like random toolbars and stuff. So I was just wondering, how can I make it so that he can play all the games and stuff but not be able to install stuff. I know this sounds mean but I really don't want my computer to get fucked up again after I just reformatted. I tried setting it to a Limited Account but, he couldn't play CS or anything.

2. I think you have to set him up a user setting and find the games and stuff you want him to be able to use.
    then set those for all users. If im not mistaken. I could be wrong it happens from time to time

3. longfury

longfury Active Member

Under Windows you are pretty much screwed. None of the other user types have enough access to do anything. Even play a game. Administrator is the only way it will work. Blame Microsoft. Also...Its no better in Vista. No surprise of course.

4. Firefox FTW?

don't let him be an admin and use restricted user.