sheriff rear ended me and totaled the wagon

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by osborne519, Nov 8, 2013.

1. osborne519

osborne519 Member

Had a "run in" with the carroll county sheriffs office .. literally I was sitting still with my signal on turning left and I saw a cop flying up in my rear view mirror .. thought to myself he's going kinda fast........ then he didn't stop he rear ended me and totaled the subaru:sad: then me and my two friends went to the hospital we are all of but we took a beating and im fairly sure its totaled
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i may swap it into a coupe or grab another wagon and use what i want and part the rest we shall see

2. flat_4ATL

flat_4ATL Member

doesnt look really that bad?? did it break the downpipe or anything got shoved?.. new back bumper and hatch and exhaust?..idk. all i know is make that cop pay!!! get xrays, CT, MRI and fwd him the bill!! ya never know, long term whiplash is no joke... my C2 and C3 is fucked:/ i go to chiropractor atleast 1-2 times a week.

3. b reel

b reel Active Member

This is where you get screwed by the State of Georgia

4. jchon3

jchon3 Supporting Member

In the first picture you can see how crinkled the bed of the trunk is. Im guessing the impact force reached well into the center of the car :(

5. osborne519

osborne519 Member

yep he basically went a little up under the back and punted us about 30 feet
    i was sitting still with my foot on the brake.. his push bumper is smashed back into his car and air bags deployed

also they moved the cars before gsp got there so well but gsp told me i did nothing wrong and not to worry

6. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

That sucks majorly. Did you do the Saabaru rear end swap? Was always on my to-do list after doing the roof rail delete.

Best of luck getting it all worked out.

7. sikwrx04

sikwrx04 Member

Well if its totaled wanna part ways with the wheels? Lol

8. bluedestiny

bluedestiny Supporting Member

Airbag deployment generally= totaled
    A real unfortunate event :(

9. outbacksprt

outbacksprt Member

uhmm.. I think he said the cops air bags deployed

10. Jake

Jake Active Member

If it crinkled all the way to the middle of the wheel well then that was serious.

11. FACE

FACE Active Member

Glad you made it out! Sorry you hear this bro...

12. bluedestiny

bluedestiny Supporting Member

Have a friend w a 2002 wrx hit by city of atl police hard on front fender and was able to get a complete repair to hs satisfaction this year good luck

13. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Sucks to hear. If you are interested in selling the wheels lmk, I have a friend that needs them for his silver wagon

14. Well that sucks.
    Let us know how they treat you.
    Are you going to part it out or just let it go?
    I'm sure lots of people would love some saabaru parts. Like the rear cup-holders, cause I'd love those. :sx:

15. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

I think all he had was a Saab hatch door. his car was a wrx wagon

16. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

and taillights. those are saabaru

17. b reel

b reel Active Member

have to use the hatch, lights and bumper cover in the swap

18. Well done.
    Too bad Carroll Counties "finest" took care of his butt-lift.