Shipping a Car/Car registration

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Enzo, May 7, 2015.

1. Enzo

Enzo Supporting Member

So I needed a truck and finally found one. I got an awesome deal but the truck is in Florida. Does anyone have a hook up on auto Currier companies?

Question about GA DMV laws
    If I end up driving it home, how can I do it legally. It's a 2004 so I need to do emissions but GA won't give me tags till I do emissions. Normally you can drive a car home with a bill of sale but I won't be able to pick the car up for about a month.

Any help would be great on this one.

2. Holc13WRX

Holc13WRX Supporting Member

I bought my 350z in Alabama and at the time Alabama did no kind of temporary tag. Literally there was nothing on the back of the car.

In the 30 days that it took to get my tags I think I got pulled over twice, and both times the cops let me go in less than 5 minutes. Showed them the bill of sale and I was on my way.

I can even remember cops being behind me with no tags and didn't even pull me over.

3. nuyorican718

nuyorican718 Member

just keep the bill of sale on you and have it insured. Ive done quite a few trips from Canada to New York and one trip from Canada to GA buying cars. I was only pulled over once but they let me go just saying put a piece of paper saying tag applied. That situation was in Illinois in a R33 somewhere. Just be polite if you do get pulled over to avoid a BS problem.

4. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Please don't start another riot. If you do get pulled over, just be polite and you'll be on your way.

5. Enzo

Enzo Supporting Member

Thanks guys, driving it my be the best option here.

6. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

make sure the bill of sale is for the DAY you pick it up, not if/when you send them a deposit or money.

7. orndog

orndog Member

I've seen people with cardboard in their back windows with Sharpie writing Tag Applied For. I've seen the same taped to the license plate area.
    GA is a fucked up state :rofl: