Short throw Shifter

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by STIstorm, Sep 29, 2015.

1. STIstorm

STIstorm Supporting Member

Guess'n I put this in the right spot. Really contemplating on getting a COBB Short Throw Shifter with the bushings. Is this something that is worth it or is there a better brand or set up. I was reading that the Kartboy bushings are better... Any feed back would be great. THANKS!

2. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

I prefer Kartboy over anything else for shifting

3. FACE

FACE Active Member

I agree with Matt!

Kartboy for the win for sure. I would absolutely recommend this upgrade. It will take some minor adjusting with shifting, but you will definitely love it. I haven't really driven mine much lately but I have been contemplating swapping my shifter out as well.

There is also a bushing in the rear of the shift linkage I would also recommend replacing.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
  4. FACE

FACE Active Member

5. Drowland87

Drowland87 Staff Member Supporting Member

I have a Cobb short throw shifter and the Holy shift kit (kartboy front and rear stay bushings, TiC pivot and shift linkage bushings). Every time anyone from Allpro gets in my car they always say I have the best shifter setup out of all the cars they see.

6. Drowland87

If you go to the meet next Tuesday or are going to Petit Le Mans on Saturday, I'll let you check out the setup.

7. STIstorm

I'll be at the Tuesday night dinner and octane on Sunday.

8. Drowland87

I have to work Sunday, so no C&O for me. Unless something comes up I'll be at the meet on Tuesday.

9. bluedestiny

bluedestiny Supporting Member

10. STIstorm