Should I road trip?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by RoMe, Jun 18, 2007.

1. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

So im going back to Florida should I A: bite the bullet stop being cheap and rent a car
    or
    B: Drive the Saabaru its only got 10,500 miles on it but I bought it in December

Keep in mind I have a gf a 110 pound rottweiler and luggage its about 633 mile 9 hours. Not to mention all the in between driving visiting friends family... let me know!!

2. Deke

Deke Active Member

I would say saabaru, but a rottweiler? Haha, might want to go for the rental.

3. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

You have a wagon so I'm sure you have plenty of room... It all depends on how trained you Rott is. I say Roadtrip though, cars are made to be driven!

4. cannarella

cannarella Member

We take mine with me, wife, sister-in-law, luggage, 80 mutt, and 35lb corgie in crate to Montgomery and back with no problems. Id say put the seat down behind passenger seat for dog to lay down so you can pet while driving and stretch out and put your luggage behind the drivers seat. Where are you headed? I am guessing by the distance Ft Myers.

5. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

Dude, drive your car. You bought a nice car to drive it, not to rent a POS. Road trips are my best memories of my old '03, and its only been gone 2 days. I took a road trip to Colorado in it... Good times. Kansas sucked, but still...

6. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

just doo eet

7. Jake

Jake Active Member

even tho my WRX isn't the most comfortable car for long road trips, I regularly take it back and forth to Savannah/Statesboro from Atlanta. I would never consider renting anything else, even tho the ride is rough I still love to drive my car any chance I get.

8. bomjoon

bomjoon Active Member

when you going? me greg and sung is going to miami in like 1-2 monthes if the timing is right we could go together.

9. FACE

FACE Active Member

If you rent youll wish you drove your own car....take yours

10. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

I think thats true!! Screw it Im drivin that the Saab

Thanks for the advice everyone!!

11. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

Yeah Greg told me Im leaving on Wed @5pm maybe later due to traffic! I would roll with you guys though maybe I can you with you guys I show you around Palm Beach! Unless you guys want to leave wed :naughty:

12. thebigph

thebigph longing for another subie Supporting Member

i love driving...take the suby...if you rent anything else it just wont be as fun...ps my dog loves riding in the car. he just lays on top of stuff if it's in his way

13. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Next time you see Sung...tell him I said hey...is he still going to get an Evo X?.

Mark:)