Shure SE210s ROCK!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Strayen, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

http://www.shure.com/PersonalAudio/Products/Earphones/SEModels/us_pa_SE210_content

Well, here's my little consumer review of the Shure SE210. Just bought one at Fry's today and am trying it out with my Cowon Media player with trance, rock, and videos. I'm impressed with the fit, and sound production. I've always had shitty cheap ear-buds and thought they could never rival over-ear traditional headphones, but I'm changing my mind. As for over-ear headphones, I've usually bought Sennheisers, in the $50-$100 range which have done a pretty good job. However, these Shure's totally out perform even the $100 Sennheisers I had.

Yes, the price is steep, $178 out the door with 2-yr warranty from Fry's ($17). But the noise isolation design is very good, much more preferred over active, which can produce an annoying hiss noise. The package is good with a very high quality hard oval carry case. They fit very well without hurting and as I'm typing this, I can't hear my keyboard at all. The stereo connector is gold plated I think, there is no other gold colored plating that is very good at electric conductivity.

Anyways, for treble and mids, I give it a A when compared to over-ear headphones. For Bass, I'd give it a B+ compared to traditional headphones. However, I'm not comparing to the $150+ dollar over-ear phones. So maybe someone else can add on that. Monk, if you want to try these to add something compared to over-ear headphones, I can let you try.

-Russell