Simpsons: The Movie

Discussion in 'Movie Reviews' started by jt money, Jul 27, 2007.

1. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

well got my tickets and going to see it tonight. review to come later! ive been waiting for the simpsons to hit the big screen for 18 years already glad its finally here!

2. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

spider pig, spider pig... does whatever a spider pig does.

Can't wait for a review on this one.

3. Intrigue2727

Intrigue2727 Member

I Cant Wait

4. AXLEJOHNSON

AXLEJOHNSON Member

I love the Simpson's, but I haven't liked very many episodes since 2000. The years Conan wrote were the best.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2007
  5. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

6. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

The only thing that bothers me is that my favorite character sounds is not being played by the same person. I love Ralph Wiggam, but in the previews, he sounds like freakin Elmo, and that really bothers me.

7. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

then again he had his finger up his nose, and scientific study shows that your voice changes with an finger erected into your nasal passages.:p

8. jt money

Nancy Cartwright (barts voice) is the voice of ralph and always has been even in the movie.
    http://www.thesimpsons.com/bios/bios_actors_cartwright.htm
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0462538/

Last edited: Jul 27, 2007
  9. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

damn JT..you sure know your Simpsons.;) i too wanna see this one...on payday FTW!

10. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

It should be a great movie...have fun seeing it JT...

Mark

11. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

And as a bonus, she's a scientologist!

12. jt money

absolutely loved the movie. it was funny from beginning to end. so many jokes made in this movie it's hard to remember them all. if you have enjoyed the last 18years of simpsons like i have you will love the movie. sorry this was so general but i don't want to ruin the movie for anyone.

13. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

kickin' it with xenu! :weaksauce

14. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I saw it last night, wasnt too bad :)

Spider pig is awesome.

15. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Just watched this last night. It was pretty good. I have to say that my favorite part was about 2 minutes into the movie, where Bart is writing on the Chalkboard, "I will not illegally download this movie." They must have put that in there just for me.

16. Jewels450

Jewels450 Member

I want to go see it so bad. I wonder if I can make a deal with Alex and see if he will let me drag him to see it. I LOVE the Simpsons!:rofl:

17. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

I must say that I was slightly disappointed. Maybe I expected too much. Or maybe family guy has spoiled me.

18. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

Really? I was not expecting much from this movie, but I really liked it. And South Park ruined Family Guy for me with the Cartoon Wars episodes. Don't get me wrong, the first 3 seasons of Family Guy are epic, but I have not been much of a fan of the stuff that came out after they were canceled the first time. And lets be honest. Family Guy really could be written by Manatees.

19. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

What I love about Family Guy are the random flash backs.

20. Jewels450

Jewels450 Member

:rofl: :rofl:

21. FACE

FACE Active Member

I have never really been a simpons fan but I guess I'll go...;)

22. Jewels450

Jewels450 Member

I don't want to twist your arm or nothing but maybe we can trade for it. :naughty:

23. FACE

FACE Active Member

:wiggle: Sounds Good to Me!!!!

24. Jewels450

Jewels450 Member

Sweet! Negotiations start this weekend.:ddirty:

25. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

lol, in one of the newer episodes, Stewie said something and then paused and that whole pause had me thinking there was a flashback coming and then Stewie says, "Oh, guess no flashback for this one." It was hilarious.

26. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

bah I'll wait till it comes to tv

27. Jewels450

Jewels450 Member

and you'll miss all the good parts for the sake of commercals. :hsnono:

28. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Late review, but I give this movie a "Meh..." rating... I had high hopes fore this film. They could have went way further than the show does and made it a lot better. Instead it was tame, even by tv standards. Big ole boo for me...