Six star service, GREAT JOB!

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by AtlxPat, Mar 10, 2010.

1. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

I saw alex's post about his cobb cbe welded for a full 3'', so i gave Justin a call.
    Very helpful guy, got my fmic piping welded for a tial bov for a lower price then what most places were charging.

2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Welds look great don't they? :)

3. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

haha not as pretty as yours but hey it gets the job done! if i decide to keep my catback i'm going to be cutting out my 2.5'' taper aswell

4. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

I need to get in touch with them about my exhaust work

5. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

do it!

6. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

take some pics of the welds please

7. Alex

Dude, do it. It is the only way! All other exhausts pale in comparison to the Cobb/Stromung setup :)

Sounds great with my Helix catted dp!

For blindfold:
    [​IMG]

8. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

yea your welds look nice, since he has to use a different welder machine to weld aluminum its not the same outcome. I'll get pictures tomorrow

9. Alex

Yep, different metals like Alum. require completely different setups. Just ask the welders on the forum :)

10. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Justin does great work, hes worked on the wifes bmw before

11. sharif@forged

sharif@forged Member

If you have a typical DC/AC Tig welder with sufficient juice and proper gas, it's just a matter of swapping tungstens, welding rod, and flipping a switch on the welder. Should be able to switch to Al welding in a minute or two.

Good work,and looks pretty nice to boot. :)

12. b reel

b reel Active Member

Well if you have ceriated tungsten you wouldn't have to switch if welding SS, mild steel or AL and all use pure argon gas, but hey what do I know

13. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Shut it retarded monkey!

14. b reel

b reel Active Member

I got your retarded monkey, no really and where is my pipe?

15. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

16. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Well...............what do you know????????????:fawk:

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
  17. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

you see my guess is that people actually take the effort to make the welds look nice on Alex's car lol

18. sharif@forged

sharif@forged Member

Many welders prefer using 2% with SS and pure with AL. It's maybe a bit oldschool because I know many welders that use 2% for everything. To each his own. :) Personally, I switch.

19. b reel

b reel Active Member

Wouldn't knock it till you try it, it's cheaper, use less amp's, better puddle, and less wasted time switching.

20. b reel

b reel Active Member

Only what Daihen, Miller, ESAB, and Lincoln taught me at each of their respective tech classes for the previous 5 years.

21. Alex

I'd certainly hope not. Just call Justin up and talk with him. He'll take care of you.

22. b reel

b reel Active Member

nice welds come with time and steady hand along with knowing how to setup a welder for the material