ski/snowboard rack

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by xjenjenx, Nov 6, 2005.

1. xjenjenx

xjenjenx Member

does anyone know where i can get a good ski/snowboard rack for my car that isnt too expensive? i'm gonna need one but it costs so much money... :ugh:

i looked at sun and ski at discover mills and i didnt realize i had to buy like a million different parts... jeez louise.

2. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

I would start checking on different cycling forums, kayaking, etc. You may be able to find a used yakima / thule rack that just has the cross bars and feet that will work on the subaru. Otherwise search online for the parts, probably be able to get a little better price. 300-500 for a full roof rack most likely.

3. xjenjenx

xjenjenx Member

:eek2: :eek4: :thumbsdow

4. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Is it possible to ebay a used one?

5. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

6. xjenjenx

xjenjenx Member

7. lostinthewoods

where u going skiing??? snowboarding

8. xjenjenx

xjenjenx Member

just to sugar mountain. i go there every year. i tried snowboarding last year and its definitly better than skiing. too bad i cant get the hang of it. i will master snowboarding this year!(when i say master i mean not to fall on my ass more than 5 times :ugh: ) haha.

9. lostinthewoods

Forgive my ignorance but where is Sugar Mountain?
    I assume its in NC or TN.
    The wife and I are looking for someone with in driving distance from atlanta to do some boarding at. We have one colorado trip planned this year so Hopefully we will have some good powder and weather woo hoooooo.

10. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

11. xjenjenx

xjenjenx Member

yea, its in nc. pretty close to boone. if ur going to colorado then dont go to sugar. u'll be disappointed. haha. one day i hope to board on fresh powder.. :hs:

12. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

which resort you going to?

-drums

13. lostinthewoods

We havent decided yet. Last few years I usually got WinterPark. I think we are gonna try to hi 3 or 4 diff resorts. We are staying in boulder, so whatever is convienent to there.

You cant compare any east coast skiing to Colorado. I have skiied at Gatlinburg and survived. Also braved the wonderful slopes of Upstate NY, vermont, etc. Nothing like boarding on ice :)). Hey least there is something near by in NC to goto. I am not that choosey :D

14. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

Yeah, you can't compare any east coast skiing to the west. I've been wanting to go for a very very very long time. I plan on going for the first time next winter, my cousin lives near Park City. I've heard that the powder is the best in Utah, but since i've never skied the west I'm not picky. All my skiing has been the east coast frozen granular or straight up ice! *must have edges really sharp*

-drums

15. lostinthewoods

yup.. actually park city and Alta have like some of the most powder any where.

I fun town to go to is durango and drive up Ouray and do some ice climbing.. ton sof funs. http://www.ourayicepark.com/