Skin Cancer

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Goose013, Jun 1, 2006.

1. Goose013

Goose013 Member

Had a basil cell removed from under my eye this morning...fun stuff. :rolleyes: luckily they got it on the first shot and didn't have to stay there very long. :) Looks like I'll have a nice black eye, or at least it feels like it as the local wears off. stitch job was excellent and shouldn't leave too big a scar. Guess I'll be wearing shades for a while :cool: Just a reminder, wear your sunscreen out there. you younger guys should definitely wear some especially at the lake or beach.

2. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Sup potential melanoma buddy. :)

I've had some stuff cut off that looked suspicious, but so far nothing cancerous... definitely in the risk zone though. And you don't have to be old to get it, I know people in their twenties who've gotten skin cancer.

3. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

whoa...glad you're okay man. yeah i am a fair fair complected person too and i always pound on the sunscreen. again, glad you are okay!

4. Goose013

Goose013 Member

Thanks,
    basil cells although common are still a type of skin cancer and I'm only 32. My MD says people are getting them at a younger age now due to overexposure to the sun as a child. these things look like a zit at first and then a mole, but not a common type...more like a flesh tone mole that can get bigger and then smaller and may bleed occasionally. If you have anything like this get it checked out. They can occur anywhere on your body.....that is exposed to the sun regularly that is :naughty:

5. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I do not tan, I do not brown. I turn red. I am the wonder bread white boy of the world :D

10000spf + t-shirt for me when I go out :naughty:

6. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

me too but i always forget the screen so i get the sanremoredneck!

all jokes aside im glad your ok.:wiggle:

7. feelthebreak

feelthebreak Member

i'm going to go have my skin checked now.

8. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I am fair skinned myself and worry about getting skin cancer. I need to use sunscreen more often but I used to get baked all the time hence why I worry. What are some early signs/ symptoms?

9. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

ha, i hardly burn :p and if i do it goes away in a day.

10. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

The best thing to do--assuming you have health insurance--is to visit a good dermatologist for a checkup, and they will tell you what to look out for. Generally you want to be paying attention to moles appearing, changing etc. Irregular edges and varying color within a mole *can* be a bad sign, though not necessarily.

11. feelthebreak

feelthebreak Member

the best thing to use if you are in the sun is a sunBLOCK different than sunSCREEN you want something that blocks uva AND uvb rays.

Falleen Cotz is what i use because i have to protect the tattoos from the sun.