skyline has arrived!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by jt money, Nov 2, 2005.

1. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

2. jt money

3. jt money

4. jt money

New article - http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=107616

TOKYO NEWS: Nissan Reveals Juicy Tidbits About 2007 GT-R Supercar

Date Posted 10-18-2005

TOKYO — Shiro Nakamura, head of design at Nissan Motor, says the company's breathtaking GT-R Proto concept, unveiled Wednesday at the auto show here, is "80 to 90 percent" close to the vehicle design that will be produced in 2007.

While the nose of the GT-R Proto is more conceptual in nature, Nakamura said the car's greenhouse, side profile and rear end, especially the retro-style round taillamps, are "very close" to the final design.

Carlos Tavares, Nissan's executive vice president of product planning, wouldn't reveal many more details of the next-generation GT-R.

"There are a lot of expectations," he said. "We don't want to disappoint our fans."

Tavares no doubt was referring to the hordes of enthusiasts who've begged Nissan over the years to market its legendary Skyline GT-R away from home. The new GT-R will be the first in the series to be exported to other markets. The car will be launched in Japan and will go on sale soon afterward in Europe and North America, Tavares said.

The GT-R will have the same powertrain in all markets, he said. Sources tell Inside Line that Nissan is considering a twin-turbocharged, 3.7-liter V6 that produces about 450 horsepower and drives all four wheels through a seven-speed sequential gearbox.

The production version of the GT-R is expected to debut at the 2007 Tokyo show.

What this means to you: Hungry fans of the Nissan GT-R will have to wait two more years to test-drive the first production model.

5. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

man that car is just plain SICK!;) too bad i can't afford one.ha

6. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

its pretty cool, but i prefer the last body style

7. i want i want

8. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

its nice... wonder when the will release the TT model

9. Trey

Trey Active Member

It's a "Prototype Concept". The real car will not look 100% like that.

10. jt money

as stated in the artical i posted.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2005
  11. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

hawtness gotta love the CF

12. Trey

Trey Active Member

Exactly, kinda sounded like you missed that part. ;)

13. KingofSiam

KingofSiam Member

I used to mourn the loss of the Supra.

No more.