Smoked a C5 Corvette this evening...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by moose, Sep 27, 2005.

1. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

So I was sitting at a redlight. On the other side, two lanes which narrowed down to one towards the end. Ahead of me, a nice shiny C5 Corvette, with some aftermarket exhaust on it. I revved a bit. Guy revved a bit. :eek:hnoes:

Light turns green... he drops the clutch and takes of with the wheels screeching. I slip the clutch quickly and chase after. Get up side by side, look over, and then I drop the hammer.. HARD. :cool:

2nd and 3rd gear blows through in the blink of an eye. The C5 struggles but quickly falls behind. I put several car lengths on him, and as the lanes merge I'm far, far ahead, chuckling to myself... what was the guy thinking? I shifted several thousand RPM before redline even...

...did I mention I was on the bike? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2. AWD_Tiger

AWD_Tiger Member

HAHA... thats funny.. tho i bet an STI could beat a C5 (u drive an STI right :dunno)

3. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Way to Go Man!!!.

Mark

4. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

Rock on lol..... Those vettes are nice looking.

Made me think of hte other weened when I smoked my dad the other day in his 72 vw bug LOL.... haha

Last edited: Sep 28, 2005
  5. Genya

Genya No Longer Up At Odd Hours

Doomwagon strikes! :) hehe

Edit:ADD Strikes.... looooool

6. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

what is the 0-60 and 1/4th on ur bike?

7. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

keith c5 is old style c6 is new. ;)

thats funny though man. What color was the C5? did it look like a ZO6?

8. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I knew that was coming :)

9. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Haven't timed it, but a stock one should hit 0-60 in around 2.9 seconds and the 1/4 mile at mid-high 10s. Depends on the rider. I know one guy with good riding skillz and an aftermarket pipe that ran a 10.2...

Mine's been modified a bit--not a whole lot, but geared down and the timing's advanced a hair. It moves ok. :)

10. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

It was an electron blue one... didn't pay much attention to whether it was a Z06 or not (I think it was a hatch and not a FRC), but I was pretty impressed with how hard it pulled compared to other cars that've tried to race me when I'm on the bike. I still didn't have to take it past 7k or so before shifting, but...

11. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Nah man, they don't make any STi wagons yet... :(

12. AWD_Tiger

AWD_Tiger Member

HAHA....sorry I thought u drove an STI....that would be bad ass if they did make an STI wagon...wagons are bad ass, i kinda wish i had a one, but im just happy to own a wrx :D ...... do they make an STI wagon in japan?

13. lostinthewoods

Kiss it Man... It was a long day yesterday :)

14. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

:moon:

15. lostinthewoods

16. lostinthewoods

Good Job Son :)