smokin aces

Discussion in 'Movie Reviews' started by knhtrdr, Feb 5, 2007.

1. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Stright up action flick no filler no real deep plot just a good ol action movie:wiggle:

2. jayj713

jayj713 Member

I fell asleep for like 20 minutes during the beginning of the movie so i didnt really understand what was happening. but by the end of the movie i pretty much figured it all out. Didn't fall asleep cause it was boring but because it was the 3rd movie we watched and i was really tired -_-.

3. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Heard it was awesome... looking forward to it!

4. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

I loved the .50 cal!

5. Deke

Deke Active Member

Haha that's basically exactly what my dad said after seeing the previews on tv.

6. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

yeah, dat 50 cal action was nice!

7. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

I thought it was pretty sweet.... The plot twist is very predictable way early in the movie and you don't really care about any of the characters but.. Just watch it for what it is.. shoot'm up action flic! The Tremor brothers were funny as hell and little ADD kid with a Method Man/Bruce Lee complex was hilarious... Don't think about it too hard, just sit back and enjoy!

8. RADON

RADON Member

I watched it this past weekend and give it a meh.

9. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

im glad im not the only one that had this opinion.

10. jayj713

jayj713 Member

i fell asleep during the beginning of the movie and woke up somewhere like 30 minutes into it. I was relaly confused for a while but then it kinda came together. Id say it was meh too.

11. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I thought Smokin Aces was much better than 300. It at least had character development.

Smokin Aces is the best movie I have seen in a while. So good in fact, that I have watched it about 6 times now.

12. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

I like it as well. It was sort of a thoughtless movie for me. Just one I could watch and enjoy.

13. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

ditto on the 300 view. it was bland at best, only the slow motion boob shots made it a little better.

and what's "meh"?
    i ripped Aces, but i still need to burn it to DVD to watch it.

14. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

"meh" is the noise you make when the movies ok but you could live without it..... did you like it? shrugs shoulders "meh"... it was a'ight...

15. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

Check. thanks for the elaborate explanation.

16. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

10/4 good buddy.... ^^^