SNOOOOOOOW!!! or maybe not?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by mmtasty, Jan 7, 2010.

1. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

This is why I hate Georgia!

Every damn year it'll be 20 F*in degrees for two weeks, then snow a little (if even), and immediately warm up enough to rain and melt it! W-T-F?! Either give me something to play in or stay above freezing! F U Winter and F U Georgia!!!! Last time we had real snow was in March around '92 or so... THAT was a good snow! Either do that again or nothing at all. Don't freeze my balls off then warm up and rain!!! :eek:

That is all.

2. techlord

techlord Active Member

I'll take Ice...it is sleeting really good at my house and the temp should get below freezing soon if not already. Maybe the last week of sub-feezing temps will allow it to stick to the pavement.
    I am going to stay positive cause I am off tomorrow!

3. Jake

Jake Active Member

suppposed to snow a good bit btwn 12-4am tonight

4. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

Yeah, I just want ice. Enough ice to keep me away from the office and planted at home, working on depleting my gigantic supply of vodka. Gotta make some room in the fridge…

5. techlord

techlord Active Member

weather.com says it stops about 2am...fuck I went to get a pizza and everything in my neighborhood is gone that quick.
    not looking good the temps need to fall QUICK.

6. longfury

longfury Active Member

Its already below freezing here at my house. I am north of Cartersville and my road and all the roads leading to my house are white. It was still snowing when I got home about 15 mins ago. It was light but still falling.

7. longfury

longfury Active Member

Yeah, I would have warmer clothes and snow tires if I lived up there.

We can complain because this is not normal for the area in which we live. :)

8. techlord

techlord Active Member

9. Yeah, when I lived there we used to just take a big bucket of water outside and throw it....about 5 feet out it just turned to a white mist of snow before it even hit the ground!!

10. Jake

Jake Active Member

i always found it cool that the Dakotas have colder winters on average than Alaska. Since Alaska has the ocean and all. couldn't pay me to live there tho. you are brave sir

11. Max Q

Max Q Member

Not sure what you're talking about. I got 2" in Ellijay. :D

(Sometimes it pays to be white trash)

12. blaster

Seems to be snowing plenty here in Kirkwood, but remember people, it all about ice. Ice will close the roads and keep us from having to go to work.

13. techlord

techlord Active Member

gotta find a good parking lot neighborhood is NOT a good idea...just trenched the neighbors yard inadvertently

14. undrgrndrdr15

undrgrndrdr15 Active Member

just finished snowing in canton about an hour ago... all the side roads have a nice powder on them and are nice and icy... have five cars stuck on the hill in my subdivision and i went and watched a dually and couple other cars fool around in the park across from my subdivision!

15. time to watch all the subies on ice on youtube!!

16. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

17. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

18. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

EAV side of things is pretty iced over as well. Had fun sliding the suby sideways up glenwood on my way home.

Alex, if its still iced over in the morning me and Joel were going to get together to tear up something in east atlanta if you want in. I guess I could invite the Derf too since he's right around the corner, I just dont have his number.

19. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

i know where it is.

20. zakkkaliscious

zakkkaliscious New Member

My driveway is frozen this morning. I'm gonna try to get out of it it's a pretty steep hill...

21. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Side roads are pretty slick this morning. Highways seem to be fine. Lots of accidents already. Had to get gas this morning. 3 accidents in front of the station while I was filling the tank. Be careful everybody. AWD doesn't mean shit when there is ice on the ground.

22. blaster

23. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

Perfect. The hill in front of my house is ice so the cars trying to climb it are ending up trenching my yard. Fantastic.

24. ZenMotors

ZenMotors Member

Who is having fun this morning?

I hate all my electronics on my RWD Infiniti FX35. Snow mode off. vsc off. lol

25. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

I tried to take the 92x out I figured I test out the all seasons I got to the end of my street is was all ice and I started to slide when I got off the gas. I found the safest place to U turn and I went back home screw that its bad out there. How did I drive in the crap when I was in Wisconsin for 2 yrs?

26. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

yeah, I am not even trying to go to work today...

27. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

I took the gx470 out .. no problems so far!

28. undrgrndrdr15

undrgrndrdr15 Active Member

im about to head out on the four wheeler to have some fun...

29. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

from my office

30. Unidub

Unidub Member

Im gonna give you a call this afternoon... Im leaving work early.. Ill see if i can join you!:fawk:

31. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

So many wrecks just in my neighborhood.

The hills at both entrances are covered in ice and the turns at the bottom of the hills are just eating up the cars.

32. longfury

longfury Active Member

It wasn't that bad around my house. The roads were snow covered but I guess the lack of traffic didn't pack it down to cause the really bad ice. It maybe worse tomorrow than it was this morning now that the snow has been packed down.

33. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

I can't down my driveway...Walked up the street and there are 10 cars parked at the bottom of the hill from where people tried to get out. I have RE01r's on my car so I am betting those wouldnt do to well in this crap:) Wife's Minivan will be the test vehicle:)

34. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Minivan FTW

35. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Ballsssssssssssssssssssssssss. The STUPID SUN is MELTING all the SNOW in my NEIGHBORHOOD!
    Only the shaded parts are still left.

36. heathbar

heathbar Member

I walked to work and saw 2 people hit parked cars in midtown. lol

37. Shewb

Shewb Member

Passed an EVO in a ditch on my way in. Channel 2 helicopter was above, hopefully they caught it on film!

38. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

I went Drunk Canoe sledding in the the park at 2am last night...yes it was as dumb as it sounds

39. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Lol. All I can say to those 3 occurences is; Rooooffflllllll

40. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

fuck this shit, I'm calling out. No way in hell I'm driving to Sandy Springs for a 4-hour shift.

41. DaveH

DaveH Member

Grant Park to Kennesaw was fun. Interstates fine ('cept for the bit near 17th st). Grant Park was a skating rink. But not as bad as Old 41 near Kenn Mtn.

Terrified idiots everywhere. 'See ice - BRAKE!!'

About to leave. I wonder how that will go?

I like seat heaters :)

42. Meredith

Meredith Banned

My mail never came today.... I've never seen that happen.

43. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

freaking mail didn't come today... bet this will delay the LSD from arriving today too!

what ever happened to "Rain, sleet, snow or shine...." ;)

44. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Drove to publix earlier around 5pm, which is just under a mile from my house, and the roads were hella iced over. We had to take an alternate route back home due to idiots driving too fast down the iced roads and spinning off into the trees.

I am glad today is Friday and we were able to pick up enough food to last through the weekend.

I was pleasantly surprised that Publix wasn't a mad house, and there was still plenty of food on the shelves.

Checked Facebook a little bit ago, and found that several of my friends messed up their cars trying to drive places.

45. Raziel1

Raziel1 Member

Another reason to be happy you own a Subaru! 49 seconds into this video. Say no more

46. Gotta love how the Forrester just owns it in that video. My mom went all over the place yesterday in her Outback and was fine but then again she knows not to brake on ice and has driven during blizzard conditions in Wisconsin.

47. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

I feel for you guys... its blue sky's and 88 degree's out with a cool breeze coming off the mountains that are surrounding me right now.

48. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

But yet you're still doing the same thing we're doing, which is waste time on the computer. :clap: