so i got layed off today. [nws rant]

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by feelthebreak, Jun 19, 2006.

1. feelthebreak

feelthebreak Member

for some bullshit. if you don't know i'm an air conditioning service technican apprentice in the union and i have been working for this company for almost 4 years. today AFTER work when i was already home the boss called me and told me he is letting me go. turns out the journyman i work with has told him i don't do enough work or "apply" myself. now this has me fucking pissed off bceause i do everything and he is talking shit to make himself look good because he messes up all the time. today i hooked up a ceiling unit in a computer/server room at www.careerbuilder.com MYSELF over 100' of pipe soldered with no leaks which is well more than his stupid ass can do. and they just let me go like i was hired the other day. FUCKING SHIT THAT PISSES ME OFF!

but no worries because i found another job in less than 30 minutes. because i'm the man.

/end rant.

2. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

well you are probably better off without dealing with that backstabbing jackass.

good luck on the new job

3. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

well just remember what goes around come around man. im sure sooner or later his boss will see whats going on or maybe his new helper will let him know. Sounds like you were doing more work that you were getting paid for anyway. Hopefully your new job will turn out better.

4. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

That does suck. But at least you can get more work quickly right...

...this seems like a bad time of year to fire a good technician though!

5. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

Like everyone said...your probably better off and I'm sure that guy will get what's coming to him eventually!!

6. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

At least you found another one fairly quick. I have to put up with that same crap now it's just that my name is ONLY on what I do that cuts down on the bullcrap. but alas I'm still lookin for better.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2006
  7. Trey

Trey Active Member

I had an old timer union guy tell me once, "....slow down kid, you're making the rest of us look bad!" I knew right then unions sucked.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2006
  8. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

irony?...:rolleyes:

9. Brian

Brian Active Member

I had almost the exact same thing happen to me. That person was fired 6 months later when their ineptitude was uncovered.

10. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

have they let you know about your lack of progress nad documented it? if not you can get them for improper discharge.

11. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

yeah that's bs if they haven't already given you some feedback on your performance and "what" you need to do to improve it. sounds like a bunch of bs at that place...friggin politics i tell ya.

12. Ayrton

Ayrton Member

Do you have any recourse with the union?

13. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Yeah, but Ga. has some crappy "no fault,reason" to let you go state. or something to that effect.

14. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

yeah it's a "right to work state"....thought there wasn't any unions?

15. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

If you are driving a 18 wheeler,car mfg, pilot or some kind of import export dock worker it's a done deal for most. ya get the job the union comes with it. most business nowadays don't have it and don't want you to because of the whole right to work thing.