So i got my new camera

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by emstraumajunke, Mar 7, 2006.

1. I ended up getting an Olympus SP-500UZ. It seems to do several different things. Well i was playing with it tonight and figured id share some of the shot. I was doing alot of playing with the shutter speeds.
    I just need to pratice my night shots and figure out how to clear them up more.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Wow those are really nice pictures!

Have fun with your new Camera

3. N2BNLOW

N2BNLOW Member

Cool pics i just love night shots.

4. Er...just noticed but are the last 2 the same?

5. hahaha i upload the worng one...or the same one twice

6. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

What cam?

7. flip

flip Member

Nice pics man, nice to see we have another photo enthusiast in the bunch. If you have any questions, I'll help if i can. I've done a lot of reading and have a few friends that are photographers so i know a little :). Congrats on the camera!

8. :p

9. Ill probaly end up have a ton of questions as for i dont know anything when it comes to all this picture stuff, but here are 2 of my favorite from tonight and not even of me or my car.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. flip

flip Member

if you're using a tripod in those low light pictures, try turning the ISO down to avoid the noise (little specs in dark areas). If you're not using a tripod and want to take pics in a low light situation with no flas, use a high ISO to avoid much bluring but you will get the noise as a sacrifice... Hope this helps! Nice integra :)

11. Ok so no flash and slow shutter speed what should the ISO be Cause i really want the night shots to be much clearer but could seem to get it no matter what i adjusted. i have to always use a tripod unless the cmaera is in the auto mod then i can snap away and be good.

12. flip

flip Member

Depending on how dark it is and what your camera will do you could try to use 200, 400, or 800 (the smaller the number the less noisie, but the longer it takes) for dark with tripod and no flash. Keep it as high as you can without getting the noise. Play with 400-800 first... The ISO is the film speed (in digital we don't use film but it has the same effect as film) so the lower the number the slower the film. Slower film pulls in more light... Give me a few minutes and i'll try to find out exactly why noise happens...

Last edited: Mar 8, 2006
  13. flip

flip Member

14. flip

flip Member

One more thing :) Your camera does have noise reduction so you may want to play with that when using an exposure time of more than .5 seconds... It processes the image for those bright randomly spaced pixels before writing the image to your memory card... The processing time is usually nearly doubled but its worth it if you're shooting in low light situations.

15. Thanks the goal of the day learn how to adjust all that stuff... and then try it tonight.

16. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

You can also download a free program called noiseware. It does a great job at automating noise reduction, though sometimes, the pictures will come out a bit "soft." I wish the 5000 uz had been out when I bought my camera. I will post up a link with a full photography manual later today, if I get the chance...

17. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

very nice pics

18. Decided to pla with the settings a little but last night. 2 RHD and a nice claen hatch with the 06 and so on.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Just wanted to show you how much digital noise noiseware gets rid of. Its free if you go for the "community edition."

Last edited: Mar 9, 2006
  20. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

EMS, your pics didnt show, so I am guessing Scott quoted you and "fixed" the noise?