so I hear its hotter than b@lls in ATL

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by ShaneSTI, Jul 15, 2005.

1. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

bwhaha...now you know how i feel 365 days a year here in Guam! stay cool, drink some sweet tea ya'll!

ShaneSTi

2. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

If anything it's been pretty mild here lately, actually.

3. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

oh really? some lady i'm working buisness with says its hot there. she lied to me. well i figure in August the humidity and heat will come. quick question for ya'll...my father is keeping my STi until i get back. well he's asking what weight oil to use on the STi? he uses Mobil 1 synthetic 20/50 on his 930 turbo. suggestions would be appreciated...thanks!

4. RADON

RADON Member

Temp is all relative. It's hot/humid to me.

5. slizan99

slizan99 Member

mobil 1 5w30................ and its hot/humid as hell for me as i work out in it all day.

6. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

same here

7. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

hmmm...5w30 huh...gotch ya...thanx do they come w/ 5w30 from the factory?

Last edited: Jul 15, 2005
  8. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

I guess it's been hot between the rainstorms:wiggle:

9. slizan99

slizan99 Member

all subarus use 5w30 weight oil from the factory

10. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

roooog...thanks for the help.

11. slizan99

slizan99 Member

no problem

12. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

its pretty damn hot here when you are outside working for 6-7 hours, and lets not start with the UV rays and how they are slowly killing me.

13. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

dude i kid u not...here in Guam were pretty much on the equator. the UV rays here are like nothing i've ever seen. i can get a sunburn within 15-20 min's here if i'm not careful. not to mention its 100% humidity here year round with 90+ temps in the day. i've been to hawaii and i can say Guam is hotter than hawaii. when we PT at 0700 three times a week...running 3+ miles is a beyotch to do here.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2005
  14. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

I went to Guam when i was a kid. It's a beautiful place tho. I wich i can go back there.

To asnwer your Q about oil, I used to use Mobil1 5w-30 before and burnt about 1-1.5 qt during 3K miles driving. NOW, i switch to Castrol syntec 5w-30. I only added about half qt so far during 2k miles. There is no difference of smoothness between two oils. Many people say that M1 5w-30 is on thinner side compare to all other sythetic oil. I tried M1 10w-30 once, but still burnt the similar amount. Give a try of Castrol!!